Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHAT THE......BENEDRYL FOLLOWING BOWMAN CHROME BREAK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I have never had a legitimate reason to stop opening a product, but now I do. I broke a couple of boxes of Bowman Chrome and began itching and whelps on hands. WHAT IS THE POWDERY SUBSTANCE ON THESE CARDS. Topps needs to explain this one. Forget this. this is crazy. Anyone else have problems? :evil:

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
I have never had a legitimate reason to stop opening a product, but now I do. I broke a couple of boxes of Bowman Chrome and began itching and whelps on hands. WHAT IS THE POWDERY SUBSTANCE ON THESE CARDS. Topps needs to explain this one. Forget this. this is crazy. Anyone else have problems? :evil:

:lol: This is the first I've heard of something like this.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
Sue Topps and and give us all free cases

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I came across this powder substance also. Not on all cards, but 33% of the case. I just used a jewelers cloth to wipe off the cards.

Like anything else, everyone's body is different and reacts differently to substances. If the itching persists, have it checked out. I hope you will be okay.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Anti-set-off spray powder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-set-off_spray_powder

made of corn starch or similar material. Unless you are allergic to corn it shouldn't hurt you at all.

I have ran offset presses and currently sell offset printing, I have NEVER heard of anyone having a reaction to press powder in my 12 years of being in the industry.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I knew Topps shouldn't have hired Otis Nixon. I realize the hiring was part of the Stimulus Program but this is just going too far.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
I had powder on my cards too. It was always on the second card. (that is opening the cards from the back of the pack -the card images would be facing you, 2nd card).

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
craftysouthpaw said:
I knew Topps shouldn't have hired Otis Nixon. I realize the hiring was part of the Stimulus Program but this is just going too far.

You've been thanked for a Otis Nixon reference (A Pharis still likes Grady sizemore more)
:?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
sneekc said:
Anti-set-off spray powder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-set-off_spray_powder

made of corn starch or similar material. Unless you are allergic to corn it shouldn't hurt you at all.

I have ran offset presses and currently sell offset printing, I have NEVER heard of anyone having a reaction to press powder in my 12 years of being in the industry.

But to be sure, if someone can get enough of it together, I can run it on an IR Spectrometer... 'cause I'm a nerd, that's why.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I got my first 2010 BC card yesterday in the mail and I was pretty disappointed to find the surface full of what you guys are talking about with some heavy duty scratches.

Will a microfiber cloth (like the ones to clean tvs) do the trick? Do you use any solution or will the cloth work by itself? Might go to Best Buy and pick one up tomorrow.

Members online

Latest posts