Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Pro Debut Images

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I like the base cards a lot better this year and I also like the way the color fades for the autographs. I have to agree that cutting up AFLAC cards is a STUPID idea.
DANNY

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Is there a legitimate reason why Topps can't just put the full AFLAC auto'd cards in the packs?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The cut AFLAC autos of living 18-year-olds remains the dumbest idea in the entire hobby. It's beyond me how Topps still thinks this is a good enough idea to do it the third straight year.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
Will they stop making this crap...

Being from a minor league city, I like this product! I just wish there were a few more AAA'ers (and Isotopes) in the product. I can only think of one Isotope from 2010 that made it in the set (albeit a Triple-A All-Star insert, not in the base).

I suppose if I lived in a big league city, I'd find this product crap because I"d be spoiled with all the major league issues with lots of the hometown team represented.

The 2011 preview also goes to show how important card design is for the base Topps MLB set since that design is used in the Pro Debut set and even to the NFL base set, IIRC. One bad design and a lot of cards are screwed up for that season! 2011 design looks fine to me, btw.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
rsmath said:
Being from a minor league city, I like this product! I just wish there were a few more AAA'ers (and Isotopes) in the product. I can only think of one Isotope from 2010 that made it in the set (albeit a Triple-A All-Star insert, not in the base).

I suppose if I lived in a big league city, I'd find this product crap because I"d be spoiled with all the major league issues with lots of the hometown team represented.

The 2011 preview also goes to show how important card design is for the base Topps MLB set since that design is used in the Pro Debut set and even to the NFL base set, IIRC. One bad design and a lot of cards are screwed up for that season! 2011 design looks fine to me, btw.

Pro Debut is the way MiLB players are MEANT to be shown - not as MLB players as in Bowman, but on the rosters of the teams they actually played for. Using the same card design as the most prolific and popular issue helps to pull it together.

You'd think that since there are waaay more players in MiLB that Pro Debut would have a huge checklist, hopefully it will grow that way, so yeah, there should be many more Isotopes one day.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think the product is a cool idea, I just think that cutting cards to make more cards is the stupidest thing imaginable in the card world. You're taking a great looking on-card AFLAC auto and cutting it up to make a ****** looking trap auto of a LIVING baseball player. Cut autos were meant for the deceased.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Jaypers said:

disgusted-cat.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Because of all the **** that has happened recently in the Hobby, including how bad series 2 has failed, there is a very good chance that NO ONE will be pre ordering this product.

I suggest that if anyone has interest in it, you pre order a few boxes because they might be pretty hard to find (pricey?) when it goes live.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
011873 said:
Because of all the shat that has happened recently in the Hobby, including how bad series 2 has failed, there is a very good chance that NO ONE will be pre ordering this product.

Doesn't affect me too much as I wait to see what the secondary market does. With Pro Debut Series 2, I was ready to just buy a h/c set because I thought Series 2 might be like Series 1's market values, but when Series 2 went down into my price range for busting boxes, I purchased my boxes.

I will be collecting the 2011 Pro Debut product...it's just up to the market to help me determine which route I"m going. I suppose if there isn't much preordering, the market values will be out of my desired range due to limited production so it may end up being a h/c set that I get.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I like the Idea of Topps Pro Debut. It has potential. It could be done better, and so far there's a few things that have improved this year.

The autos, while still stickers, are better than 2010's. I like the look of the All Star cards better too. I hope there's patches again. Series One could have minor league team patches and jerseys of about 30-40 guys, and Series Two could be the Futures Jerseys.

They really should stop cutting the aflacs though. I don't see how this makes any sense at all.
It'd be cheaper - they wouldn't have to produce another card, cut the aflac, and insert it. If there was a hobby-wide vote, I couldn't see more than 2% of people giving the nod to cutting the aflacs. (And those people should be beaten with sticks)

I thought about the chrome angle, but I think this set doesn't need it. Maybe as an insert, but this set hasn't been and probably never will be a high dollar chase type product. For most, it's an IP auto type set or just a set you put together like base Topps. The auto's could be better, but like base Topps, they aren't the reason for the set to exist.

It would be a great opportunity to bring back some Arizona Fall League inserts. If stickers are the way to go, then an autographed subset of AFL cards would be pretty slick, imo. Even un-auto'd, the AFL cards could be slick.

A nice low srp, not many gimmicks, some cool inserts, a wide base set, no extreme run of parallels, and some set continuity should eventually lead to this release having a solid niche in the hobby.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Its an enjoyable product, but yes the cut Aflacs are just frustrating, and unattractive.

PLEASE STOP DOING THIS TOPPS>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts