Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I gave away Jesus Montero's First Pro HR...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Wow, I just found out that I gave away Jesus' first career Pro HR to his father back in 2007.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... k_yanrok_1

I still have Ben Blumenthal's HR (signed) from that game.

Jesus' father came out and asked for the ball back as it was his son's first HR, he didn't even speak English.

Atleast I know the ball has a good home. :?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Not only was it Montero's first Pro Homerun, it was his first Pro RBI, and it was his first pro hit, and oh yeah, it came in his first Pro at bat.

And I held it in my hand. :D

EDIT:

Just found a pic of him after the HR.

jesushr.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
vwnut13 said:
Wow, I just found out that I gave away Jesus' first career Pro HR to his father back in 2007.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... k_yanrok_1

I still have Ben Blumenthal's HR (signed) from that game.

Jesus' father came out and asked for the ball back as it was his son's first HR, he didn't even speak English.

Atleast I know the ball has a good home. :?

That's pretty cool! Did you know it was his dad when you gave it to him?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ThoseBackPages said:
howd you get it if you took the pic of him rounding 3rd?

My mom probably took the pic. I was only 14 at the time.

Plus, it was the GCL. We were the only people there. :lol: The team was actually asking for balls back because I was getting them all.

I knew it was his Dad, its just that I didn't know who Jesus Montero was.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
vwnut13 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
howd you get it if you took the pic of him rounding 3rd?

My mom probably took the pic. I was only 14 at the time.

Plus, it was the GCL. We were the only people there. :lol: The team was actually asking for balls back because I was getting them all.

I knew it was his Dad, its just that I didn't know who Jesus Montero was.

ahh yes, the good old GCL.

i still hate that league and the old men that work there lol

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
ThoseBackPages said:
ahh yes, the good old GCL.

i still hate that league and the old men that work there lol

The Tigers Bus Driver was pointing out to me where the balls landed. :lol:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I have Jacoby Ellsbury's first pro homerun baseball. He refused to sign it "First Homerun" after the game in the dugout. He was a bit of a rick in the minors.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
If Montero lives up to his potential, I'll be kicking myself.

First Hit and first HR, in first proffesional AB of a star player of my favorite team.

But, atleast it went to the players father and not some random kid who rolled it down the street.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
vwnut13 said:
If Montero lives up to his potential, I'll be kicking myself.

First Hit and first HR, in first proffesional AB of a star player of my favorite team.

But, atleast it went to the players father and not some random kid who rolled it down the street.

would make a very nice PC item. I doubt that the ball could ever get authenticated though as Montero's first HR ball, unless he would have signed and inscribed it as such. But seriously, that's a piece that could become HOF worthy one day if he lives up to his potential.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Oops, that picture is not after he hit the HR. That is from the next day (7/17/07) and he did score a run in that game.

However, looking through my pictures I did find a nice picture of Montero's first ever AB. I can't tell if it is his HR swing though.

However, I am still 100% certain that I got the HR ball.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
You gave away the first hit/HR ball of the next Babe Ruth/Mickey Mantle/Albert Pujols all wrapped up into 1 player... and you still post on this prospector board?

To just give away the Holy Grail to an old guy who said he was his father... I hope you checked his passport first.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
P_Manning 18 said:
You gave away the first hit/HR ball of the next Babe Ruth/Mickey Mantle/Albert Pujols all wrapped up into 1 player... and you still post on this prospector board?

To just give away the Holy Grail to an old guy who said he was his father... I hope you checked his passport first.

His name tag did say "God" on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts