Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's KC Royals Top 10 Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Well, this should surprise some of you.

TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Eric Hosmer, 1b
2. Wil Myers, c
3. Mike Moustakas, 3b
4. John Lamb, lhp
5. Mike Montgomery, lhp
6. Christian Colon, ss
7. Danny Duffy, lhp
8. Chris Dwyer, lhp
9. Aaron Crow, rhp
10. Brett Eibner, of

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Eric Hosmer
Best Power Hitter Mike Moustakas
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Wil Myers
Fastest Baserunner Jarrod Dyson
Best Athlete Derrick Robinson
Best Fastball Yordano Ventura
Best Curveball Mike Montgomery
Best Slider Aaron Crow
Best Changeup John Lamb
Best Control John Lamb
Best Defensive Catcher Salvador Perez
Best Defensive Infielder Humberto Arteaga
Best Infield Arm Mike Moustakas
Best Defensive Outfielder Jarrod Dyson
Best Outfield Arm Jordan Parraz

PROJECTED 2014
LINEUP
Catcher Salvador Perez
First Base Eric Hosmer
Second Base Johnny Giavotella
Third Base Mike Moustakas
Shortstop Christian Colon
Left Field Alex Gordon
Center Field Jarrod Dyson
Right Field Wil Myers
Designated Hitter Billy Butler
No. 1 Starter Zack Greinke
No. 2 Starter John Lamb
No. 3 Starter Mike Montgomery
No. 4 Starter Danny Duffy
No. 5 Starter Chris Dwyer
Closer Joakim Soria

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
wow. I'm suprised Myers ahead of Moustakas.

Also on a side note I didn't know they projected Myers to be playing the outfield.
I didn't know Salvador Perez was a better defensive catcher then Myers.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
gogosox40 said:
wow. I'm suprised Myers ahead of Moustakas.

Also on a side note I didn't know they projected Myers to be playing the outfield.
I didn't know Salvador Perez was a better defensive catcher then Myers.

Myers is fairly new to catcher..he's got the Joe Mauer mold if he stays there, but not very many guys that big stay at catcher. He has the athleticism for the outfield and the arm for right field. His bat will be good anywhere.

I'm also surprised to see Moustakas fall behind both Hosmer and Myers.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Hosmer is really difficult for me to get a read on.... on the one hand, i see his swing, i see the massive potential... on the other, I see the next underachieving Justin Smoak/etc . though I think he's better now than Smoak ever was.

Wil Myers is my #2 prospect in the game though, and I think Moose is also in the top 5.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
DaveH said:
Hosmer is really difficult for me to get a read on.... on the one hand, i see his swing, i see the massive potential... on the other, I see the next underachieving Justin Smoak/etc . though I think he's better now than Smoak ever was.

Wil Myers is my #2 prospect in the game though, and I think Moose is also in the top 5.

I see much more Texiera comps for Hosmer (Tex as a pro coming out of HS, not the college developed version) rather than Smoak.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
i don't see a Tex swing yet though... it might be a difference in muscle. because they aren't un-similar... but Tex's is more level/even-plane and "muscular" than Hosmer's. maybe after a few more years of professionally-trained weight work for Hosmer, he might be Tex. He seems more like an Ad-gon though, deriving his power from his excellent swing/ bat-path

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
DaveH said:
i don't see a Tex swing yet though... it might be a difference in muscle. because they aren't un-similar... but Tex's is more level/even-plane and "muscular" than Hosmer's. maybe after a few more years of professionally-trained weight work for Hosmer, he might be Tex. He seems more like an Ad-gon though, deriving his power from his excellent swing/ bat-path

I agree with that about the swing, which also plays into the difference in development time for Tex vs. Hosmer. A few years of college will do wonders for each of those aspects.

When I say "Tex" in Hosmer, I'm referring to the whole package. Glove + Bat + Power

While many feel that Moose should have been #1, his tools besides the power are below Hosmer and Myers.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
i have Moose above Hos because I feel he will stick at 3rd. he looked way more athletic in the futures game than he's been given credit for

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
shayscards79 said:
Solid list. Now let's just hope they can pan out unlike Gordon or Hochevar, for the Royals' sake and for my investment's sake.

I still believe it's WAY to early to have this opinion.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
cards010.jpg

Awesome :mrgreen: .

Shep :ugeek:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Are the BA team chats usually this long? It's like 2 and half hours and right now the questions are getting less and less interesting... :?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Messier2 said:
Are the BA team chats usually this long? It's like 2 and half hours and right now the questions are getting less and less interesting... :?

Probably due to the depth of the system. I doubt you'll see a chat this long once it's the Marlins' turn.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
The difference between Hosmer and Moustakas is approach/contact skills. That and the concern with hitting lefties.

And Myers is really raw at catcher and the bat is so far ahead of the glove, it sounds like he will have to shift to RF in order to get his bat to KC sooner rather than later.

I don't have a subscription to BA so I can't see the write-ups but I wonder if Montgomery slipped some because of his arm issues during 2010.

Any way you slice it, the system is really exciting.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
sheetskout said:
shayscards79 said:
Solid list. Now let's just hope they can pan out unlike Gordon or Hochevar, for the Royals' sake and for my investment's sake.

I still believe it's WAY to early to have this opinion.

+ 1 here, I think Gordon could be a Delmon Young type player that blossoms into a very good pro, but never meets the massive hype laid upon him.

- jkeys

Members online

Latest posts