Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling on eBay around thanksgiving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
I am looking at posting some bowman chrome up on eBay and was wondering if people think it's a bad move to list stuff ending from sunday-tuesday before thanksgiving or over the thanksgiving weekend. On the one hand, people will be on the road and busy with family. On the other hand it's possible that people doing black friday buying might also be on the bay. opinions?
I pulled a couple some cards that should fetch interest in a normal auction period and I'd like to maximize the value if possible.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i think BECAUSE black friday has great sales and people have less money for cards, this will lead to lower prices.
doesnt matter when you list, due to snipers

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Also, the US Thanksgiving unoffically starts the xmas holiday slow/clog-up season. I usually stop listing that week. Made the mistake 1 yr and NEVER again.

Of course if you're mailing within the US you could stretch it out longer. But cross border...i'd advise against it.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
brouthercard said:
I'll be surfacing ebay during thanksgiving break.

As will I. It's a good time to buy, but I'd advise against selling a ton of items during that time period.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
coltsfan23 said:
brouthercard said:

As will I. It's a good time to buy, but I'd advise against selling a ton of items during that time period.

EXactly! I work all 4 days at a job with no-one around and PC access and will be doing the same, looking for bargains.

Any holiday weekend is deadly for sales. In the past I've done pretty well ending sales on Tues. and Weds. after the big weekend. But I try and sell gift-type stuff and not BC singles, which isn't really a gift-type item.

Good luck either way!

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
gt2590 said:
coltsfan23 said:
brouthercard said:

EXactly! I work all 4 days at a job with no-one around and PC access and will be doing the same, looking for bargains.

Any holiday weekend is deadly for sales. In the past I've done pretty well ending sales on Tues. and Weds. after the big weekend. But I try and sell gift-type stuff and not BC singles, which isn't really a gift-type item.

Good luck either way!

Ebay put an end to your bargain hunting this year though.......you can list an auction starting at .01, 4.99, 9.99, 49.99 or 499.99 and pay the same price for the first 100 you list........zero.

So instead of .99 opening bid, you will see 5.99 and 9.99 or 49.99 since it wont cost the seller a penny if it doesn't sell.

Latest posts