Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vick is a Free Agent Next Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Say what? The deadline for franchising a player can't be this early, can it?

I think the larger question is what do you think he's worth...

If you're building a franchise right now, how much do you pay him?

I think i'm at 4-years/6.5-per/10Bonus.

I don't think I'd go much higher than that but I hate Vick.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Plus, how will the lack of a collective bargaining agreement and cloudy future affect any potential deal? Any 2010 CBA masters know any scenarios?

Vick appears to be three times the quarterback than when he was in Atlanta. Truly amazing.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland!

A team whose fan base calls themselves the Dawg Pound, and when he scores he'll ironically jump in to a pile of guys dressed as dogs hugging him

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I had to hate Vick by default as a Falcon and thereafter as a person, but I have to give respect for the fact he has improved himself as a quarterback since his return. Where he used to be an athlete trying to be a QB he is finally a QB who is gifted athletically. He has obviously been humbled and matured by his life choices.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Eagles will lock him up to a multi-year deal before the regular season ends, probably for around the same amount, if not more, than McNabb just signed with the Skins for. With the success he's having this season, there's no way they let him walk as a free agent and have to go back to Kolb.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
PhillyPuckNut said:
Eagles will lock him up to a multi-year deal before the regular season ends, probably for around the same amount, if not more, than McNabb just signed with the Skins for. With the success he's having this season, there's no way they let him walk as a free agent and have to go back to Kolb.

If he still has the Eagles winning games and posting video game stats late into the season it will be for alot more than McNabb got.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
I can't see Vick getting away from Philly. I say they sign him long term and end up putting Kolb out there for potential trades. Kolb is gonna get pissed sitting on the bench while lesser talented people are starting in the league.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
seahawks4ever said:
I can't see Vick getting away from Philly. I say they sign him long term and end up putting Kolb out there for potential trades. Kolb is gonna get pissed sitting on the bench while lesser talented people are starting in the league.

I am still very surprised Kolb wasnt dealt.

Many teams need a solid QB and Kolb is definitely solid.

I say Vick stays with Philly, but I dont see him getting McNabb money even though he has shown this season that he is worth it.

Im thinking a 4 year deal worth around 35mil plus bonus/incentives

But hey, if McNabb can get that kind of deal, I wouldnt doubt that Philly might go higher than most expect.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
HPC said:
seahawks4ever said:

I say Vick stays with Philly, but I dont see him getting McNabb money even though he has shown this season that he is worth it.

But hey, if McNabb can get that kind of deal, I wouldnt doubt that Philly might go higher than most expect.
That McNabb deal looks like it was written to be broken. Basically, there isn't much of a chance that McNabb sees even half of that money. The out clause is what, $3.5 million? That's his chunk that he walks with at the end of this season because I can't see any logical reason the Redskins would pay McNabb that kind of money for that kind of performance.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
HPC said:
seahawks4ever said:

If Vick stays pretty consistent and continues to show good decision making (along w/ the improved passing) some team will easily throw 70 plus million at him.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
bradical said:
He will stay in Philly and Kolb will be shipped off to Arizona for a 1st round pick.

LOL

I wish!

The Cards will either

A) continue to play a combo of Hall/Anderson with horrid results
B) Sign a FA like Marc Bulger because they are too cheap to draft and pay a good QB
C) Convince Kurt Warner to play again since he is not on TV anymore

While I would love to see Kolb here, i've watched the cardinals for way too long to know it aint happenin.

I personally dont think Vick is worth 70 mil for any team right now, but at most I could see a 55mil deal go down in Philly.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
securedsports said:
Two Team Race, MINNESOTA or PHILLY

So much for Tarvaris.

I didnt even think about Minny, but Im not sure he would blend well with their offense

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I think Vick would look good playing for the Browns,but i like what i have seen from McCOY...He isnt Vick,but is getting better every game and is cheaper.

Giving the Browns more money to go get a top notch reciever which is what they need the most.

Vick resigns with Philly for 4-43 million with 23 GT.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm near Philly and I'm 80% sure he will re-sign. Before this past weekend, he even mentioned the possibilty of a "loyalty" discount. With a great young core of talent at WR, RB and TE signed long-term, that would also help the Iggles case for him to stay and then trade Kolb off and re-draft another future QB in a pretty deep draft class. Plus, the coaches are the main reason he's kicking tail and I think he'd be foolish to leave that situation.

The Iggles used to always sign their extensions at this time of the year. Mostly 'cuz it counted against your cap for the current season. However with the CBA up in the air, that's mostly likely not a factor.

Also, and I ripped him for it, in the off-season, he went out of his way to throw Carolina out there. They're the closest besides Washington to his hometown and he mentioned playing Atlanta twice as factors in that. And they certainly need a QB.

bigdaddyblue73

Sep 2, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
I think he'll stay with Philly. HE fits very well into the team and the press conferences I have seen he seems to like it there. And in Philly, as long as an athelete is winning no one cares what he did in the past. Now if he starts losing.....

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
If philly doesn't lock him up this year, they will franchise him.....if he takes them to the playoffs tho...he'll get some where around 80 mil I am guessing

Members online