Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA White Sox Top Ten List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Chris Sale
2. Brent Morel
3. Dayan Viciedo
4. Jared Mitchell
5. Eduardo Escobar
6. Gregori Infante
7. Jacob Petricka
8. Brandon Short
9. Trayce Thompson
10. Anthony Carter

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Morel
Best Power Hitter Viciedo
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Jimmy Gallagher
Fastest Baserunner Qualon Millender
Best Athlete Jared Mitchell
Best Fastball Chris Sale
Best Curveball Nate Jones
Best Slider Chris Sale
Best Changeup Chris Sale
Best Control Dylan Axelrod
Best Defensive Catcher Miguel Gonzalez
Best Defensive Infielder Eduardo Escobar
Best Infield Arm Morel
Best Defensive Outfielder Jordan Danks
Best Outfield Arm Jose Martinez

PROJECTED 2014
LINEUP
Catcher Mike Blanke
First Base Viciedo
Second Base Beckham
Third Base Morel
Shortstop Eduardo Escobar
Left Field J Mitchell
Center Field Alexei Ramirez
Right Field Alex Rios
Designated Hitter Carlos Quentin
No. 1 Starter John Danks
No. 2 Starter Chris Sale
No. 3 Starter Peavy
No. 4 Starter Floyd
No. 5 Starter Buerhle
Closer Sergio Santos

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
If Konerko leaves, which most feel will happen - they have Viciedo at first, yes? There is already talk of Morel being the starter at third on opening day & Sale has already been up. So this leaves Mitchell @ the #1 spot. :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I heard the Sox acquired Dallas McPherson at 3B, and that he will soon push Viciedo to 1B.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I have a hard time believing Alexi Ramirez moves to the outfield. He has become too good a fielder at SS. He arguably deserved the Gold Glove over Jeter at SS. His fielding statistics surely supports this.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
sheetskout said:
I have a hard time believing Alexi Ramirez moves to the outfield. He has become too good a fielder at SS. He arguably deserved the Gold Glove over Jeter at SS. His fielding statistics surely supports this.

+1
I also have a hard time believing that too. He is one of the best SS in the game now.

Also how are people getting this list early. On the website it says the Sox list wont be available till Nov 22nd.
Im guessing people already received the list in the magazine? My subscription just ran out last week.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This caught my eye. Pretty lofty comp, to be sure.

Joe (Tigard, OR): Suprised to see Sale compared to the big unit. Does he really have that kind of upside?

Phil Rogers: Comparing anyone to a Hall of Famer is crazy, for sure. But it's hard to ignore the body types and the velocity. Sale's command and stuff is much, much better now than Johnson's was coming out of USC. Did you see him blow Joe Mauer away last year? Very, very impressive. He's not gonna grow another four or five inches, so he won't be that big of a unit, but I wouldn't put a limit on how good he could be as a pitcher.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:

Joe (Tigard, OR): Suprised to see Sale compared to the big unit. Does he really have that kind of upside?

Phil Rogers: Comparing anyone to a Hall of Famer is crazy, for sure. But it's hard to ignore the body types and the velocity. Sale's command and stuff is much, much better now than Johnson's was coming out of USC. Did you see him blow Joe Mauer away last year? Very, very impressive. He's not gonna grow another four or five inches, so he won't be that big of a unit, but I wouldn't put a limit on how good he could be as a pitcher.

Other than that, the chat's been pretty...eh. At least I got my 2 questions answered! :D

Until...

Sale could be a left-handed version of the young Tim Lincecum. That's how good I think he is.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Whaaaa...?

Ted (Minneapolis): I assume Kyle Gibson will be the Twins #1 prospect, so that being said who would you rather haev as your #1 prospect Sale or Gibson? Why? Thanks for having fun with this one!

Phil Rogers: Ted, what about Ben Revere? I think he can be a really good big-leaguer for some time. I don't know Gibson that well. If he's better than Sale, heaven help the White Sox. Sale could be a left-handed version of the young Tim Lincecum. That's how good I think he is.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
If there is any other significant questions asked/answered can you guys post them. My BA Subscription ended about a week ago.
Thanks!!!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
gogosox40 said:
If there is any other significant questions asked/answered can you guys post them. My BA Subscription ended about a week ago.
Thanks!!!

JAYPERS (IL): Sale = A left-handed Lincecum. Um, what? In what way does he remind you of Lincecum?

Phil Rogers: Skinny. Likes to skateboard ... No, just that he gets freakish power out of a slight build.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Phil Rogers is one of the biggest douches here in chicago. He is one of the most hated sports columnists here in Chicago.
I don't believe alot of the things he says.

Keep those questions coming. Or when the chat is done can someone PM me the questions or email.

Thanks,
Ed

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
In defense of Sale, I've said since last year he was the most impressive pitcher I have seen in the Cape League since 2008. Austin Wood was close, and I didn't get to see Ranaudo pitch.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Didnt the M's have a younger version of Randy Johnson a few years ago? Didnt people buy into him because of those same lofty comparisons? What ever happened to him?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jaypers said:

Sounds like Klaw thinks he is destined for the pen.

Paul (Chicago)
What is the upside on Chris Sale, middle of the rotation or closer?

Klaw (1:46 PM)
Plus reliever. Could be a closer, could be a setup guy. Love that the White Sox got him right to the majors since I'm afraid his window is short.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts