Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there anything funnier than...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Ross the Intern on the Tonight Show? Get beyond his mannerisms, and ambiguously effeminate ways (that's about as PC as I can get) the stuff he does is so hilarious. They just showed his bit from the red carpet at the Golden Globes where he was collecting DNA samples from celebrities--and trying desparately to get hellos and recognition from the stars. Worth staying up for. So. Freakin'. Funny.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
To me, one of life's great mysteries is how Jay Leno continues to trounce Letterman in the ratings. It's so far beyond my ability to comprehend.

Letterman, to me, is one of the funniest, and most genuine personalities in television history. Leno seems like a Beckett magazine. Just fluff, PR and 'safe' humour.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
braden said:
To me, one of life's great mysteries is how Jay Leno continues to trounce Letterman in the ratings. It's so far beyond my ability to comprehend.

Letterman, to me, is one of the funniest, and most genuine personalities in television history. Leno seems like a Beckett magazine. Just fluff, PR and 'safe' humour.
Letterman/Craig is infinitely funnier than Leno/Conan. Letterman is simply one of the funniest people alive.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Craig - 21hawk said:
[quote="F-Topps":1gpzbqib]Is there anything funnier? Yes. 3 words... The Colbert Report.

The Colbert/Stewart/Conan fight scenes during the writer's strike were the funniest things I have ever seen. Absolute brilliance.

Craig[/quote:1gpzbqib]

Dude, I laughed my ass off over that. I love Colberts false sense of bravado coupled with Stewarts meekness.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
cgilmo said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
[quote="F-Topps":yc6n2xyx]Is there anything funnier? Yes. 3 words... The Colbert Report.

The Colbert/Stewart/Conan fight scenes during the writer's strike were the funniest things I have ever seen. Absolute brilliance.

Craig

Dude, I laughed my ass off over that. I love Colberts false sense of bravado coupled with Stewarts meekness.[/quote:yc6n2xyx]

Indeed! And the fact that they did it on both The Daily Show and Colbert made it even better.

If anyone hasn't seen it, I'm sure comedycentral.com has it somewhere. Check it out.

Craig

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I'm not a watcher of Colbert, Stewart, or Ferguson, but appreciate what they do. I am not a fan of Conan. Leno is okay, but I think Letterman is a better interviewer. When someone like John McCain is on, Letterman's interview is always ten times better. The other night Billy Crystal was on Dave, and he went on about a story of skunks and raccoons and Trapper Joe and his daughter's wedding..it was very funny.

But back to Ross, whatever they send him to, it is always funny, and even though my wife is nearly asleep on the sofa, Ross is worth staying up for. Besides, it's short and at the beginning of the show. Then she can go to bed. I stayed up and watched Mickey Rourke with Jay.

I'm a Letterman man, but don't really watch him anymore. He's still good, but nothing compared to his early years, which were brillant. I've always been a devoted watcher of Conan and genuinely fear what he will become when he takes over for Leno, i.e. Leno became Lame-O. Leno was actually a pretty damn good standup comic back in the days before The Tonight Show, he had some great appearances on Letterman's show actually.

Members online

Latest posts