Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What size magnetic holder for bat barrel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I recently picked up what I would consider a centerpiece for my collection and wanted to put it in a magnetic holder, but not sure on the size I need. Is it like 150 pt? The card is a 09 sweet spot classic bat barrel. Is there a guide somewhere that tells you what cards fit into what sized holders? They are kinda expensive and dont want to buy some that I cant use.
thanks for any help.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
383astro said:
I recently picked up what I would consider a centerpiece for my collection and wanted to put it in a magnetic holder, but not sure on the size I need. Is it like 150 pt? The card is a 09 sweet spot classic bat barrel. Is there a guide somewhere that tells you what cards fit into what sized holders? They are kinda expensive and dont want to buy some that I cant use.
thanks for any help.
Who is it? Any scans to share? I myself would love to see it. Sorry i have no idea about the size.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
havent had time to scan so here is the seller scan. I think i overpaid but am happy since Nellie doesnt have alot on the market. Only like 74 total patch cards (3 different i believe) and 5 barrels in which 2 are on quad barrel cards.

B580bogEWkKGrHqViEEycLIp7coBMvlcJkT9_35.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
383astro said:
havent had time to scan so here is the seller scan. I think i overpaid but am happy since Nellie doesnt have alot on the market. Only like 74 total patch cards (3 different i believe) and 5 barrels in which 2 are on quad barrel cards.

You might need a 150 or a 180.. or even a 10 count snap holder..

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Pinbreaker said:
383astro said:

its in a 10 ct snap as it is, but all my other cards like it are in magnetics so with my bad ocd i am going to have to have a matching holder. lol

emarc27

Oct 6, 2010
NYC-->St. Louis
383astro said:
Pinbreaker said:
383astro said:

its in a 10 ct snap as it is, but all my other cards like it are in magnetics so with my bad ocd i am going to have to have a matching holder. lol

I totally do the same exact thing with all my magnetic cards. it just looks so good when they line up perfectly

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
383astro said:
vwnut13 said:
Measure it. the only way to know for sure.

yeah, i guess i will tomorrow, all scales/calipers/mics are in the garage. Too lazy to get up right now.

When I measure a card I like to measure it in a penny sleeve. I don't squeeze tight, I just get a rough estimate. After all, there is no reason for a tight measurement, as you dont want the case to be a tight fit.

I'll have to make a printable card sizer.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
vwnut13 said:
383astro said:
vwnut13 said:

yeah, i guess i will tomorrow, all scales/calipers/mics are in the garage. Too lazy to get up right now.

When I measure a card I like to measure it in a penny sleeve. I don't squeeze tight, I just get a rough estimate. After all, there is no reason for a tight measurement, as you dont want the case to be a tight fit.

good idea

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
383astro said:
vwnut13 said:
383astro said:
vwnut13 said:

good idea

This should help.

cardscale.jpg

Make sure that the width of the black bar is ONE INCH when you print. If not, it will not work.

TenaciousJDD

Here is a quick measuring tip I use: Take some standard thickness commons (20pt, base Topps works great for this) and stack them until they are near the same thickness as your thick cards, then multiply the number of cards by 20. For example, if your thick card is equal to five 20pt cards it's approximately 100pts thick. Pick the size holders closest, give or take a few points.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the tips on card thickness and holder sizing! I've always had a tough time trying to figure out which holder to use for which card. Instead of actually trying the card in the holder, it's nice to now have the equivalent thicknesses as measured in inches and standard cards.

- R.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
383astro said:
vwnut13 said:

i have about 15 different bat barrel cards and can tell you that there isn't a magnetic holder big enough for them that i have found. there is a large screwdown holder that works fine that i keep mine in. give me some time and i'll dig one up and get the size for you. i might even have an extra one i can send you.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
mburgin said:
i have about 15 different bat barrel cards and can tell you that there isn't a magnetic holder big enough for them that i have found. there is a large screwdown holder that works fine that i keep mine in. give me some time and i'll dig one up and get the size for you. i might even have an extra one i can send you.

I appreciate you checking on that for me. do you have pics of these bat barrels?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
A_Pharis said:
383astro said:

:eek:
:eek: Thats what i was thinking. That card is beautiful! Thanks for the scan.

Latest posts