Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay seller 1973cdc = deadbeat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
This is simply a lesson for those who might be tempted to deal off eBay.

Background: A friend from Boston intends to "retire" his Randy Moss Patriots jersey by framing it so I thought it'd be cool if I picked up a signed Moss photo to add to the frame.

I contacted 1973cdc, who had a Moss signed 8x10 with a BIN but no best offer, to see if they would make a deal off eBay. After a month and numerous excuses: first, lost in the mail; then, Post Office returned it; then, "It should have been there by now" I filed a claim with Paypal as item not received.

1973cdc responds to the claim with a fake USPS tracking number; clearly fake because it was 5 digits short of a normal tracking #. Obviously, this person never intended to mail anything and I wouldn't be surprised if they believed they could get away with providing a phony DC #.

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't trust anyone and never keep in touch with people on the opposite coast. And don't deal with 1973cdc.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
biggosh95 said:
I do trades with some guys on the west coast all the time. Never once have i had a problem like this.

I was saying that tongue-in-cheek. I've had thousands of positive dealing with people all over the world.

Members online

Latest posts