Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlins, Vazquez Reach Agreement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I like this pickup. He is an NL pitcher for sure and I hope to see him rebound this season, after a shaky season last year.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Meh. They're already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, so it doesn't really matter

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Not being sarcastic at all, I really like this pick up and I really like this team. They went out and immediately addressed their biggest issue from a season ago which was relief pitching and now they just added a solid veteran who has been a very good national league pitcher and historically has been a very productive pitcher when he's not in New York. Obviously you want to see continued growth out of JJ and Nolasco, and a big sophomore season from guys like Morrison and Stanton, but there is a core group here that can win some games.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
Helps in filling the void of Nolasco being out until mid season.

Ricky Nolasco-S - Marlins Sep. 8 - 5:15 pm et

Ricky Nolasco underwent season-ending surgery Wednesday to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee.
Nolasco will sit idle for the next four-to-six weeks and then begin a light throwing program. The surgery was deemed a success and he is fully expected to be ready by the start of spring training next season.

This is the most recent news i've seen on Nolasco's health. Have you really heard he's out till mid season???

The Marlins have made very impressive moves this offseason.

Exchanging Maybin/Uggla for Vazquez, Dunn, Infante, Mujica, & Webb was masterful considering the financial confines that the Marlins choose to live within.

Improved our infield defense, Improved our bullpen, and improvement to our Starting Rotation in depth, experience, and ceiling.

Love these moves. Watchout NL East.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I thought it was an arm injury that sidelined him. My bad on that. So, the rotation will be:

JJ, Nolasco, Vasquez, Sanchez and West / Volstand ? I like it. I still am not a super fan of the Uggla trade, no matter what. I would've shifted him to 3rd, Cogs to 2nd (where he was at in the minors) and then you'd have Stanton / Morrison and whoever in CF. I still like their chances next year :p

Mudcatsfan said:
55_marlins_sp said:
Helps in filling the void of Nolasco being out until mid season.

Ricky Nolasco-S - Marlins Sep. 8 - 5:15 pm et

Ricky Nolasco underwent season-ending surgery Wednesday to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee.
Nolasco will sit idle for the next four-to-six weeks and then begin a light throwing program. The surgery was deemed a success and he is fully expected to be ready by the start of spring training next season.

This is the most recent news i've seen on Nolasco's health. Have you really heard he's out till mid season???

The Marlins have made very impressive moves this offseason.

Exchanging Maybin/Uggla for Vazquez, Dunn, Infante, Mujica, & Webb was masterful considering the financial confines that the Marlins choose to live within.

Improved our infield defense, Improved our bullpen, and improvement to our Starting Rotation in depth, experience, and ceiling.

Love these moves. Watchout NL East.

Members online

Latest posts