Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help with identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Hi folks, thanks in advance for any help/insight.

I am wanting to say that I purchased this while in high school at least 14 years ago. It's roughly 5 x 8 and has multiple pin holes in it.

foxx.jpg

What is it?

Thanks again,

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
listed in guides as 1936 R311 premium (issued as an instore premium by Diamond Stars Gum/National Chicle). They came in glossy or leather surface texture

Foxx books for $125 NRMT, $65 EX, $35 VG for glossy. Leather about 50% more

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
fkw said:
listed in guides as 1936 R311 premium (issued as an instore premium by Diamond Stars Gum/National Chicle). They came in glossy or leather surface texture

Foxx books for $125 NRMT, $65 EX, $35 VG for glossy. Leather about 50% more

Thanks so much. I am going to show some ignorance here but is this "Jimmie" Foxx?

I presume this is the glossy variation?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Ya like IndyMann said, quite a few of his cards say "Jimmy" but his real name is "Jimmie"

The cool thing about the R311 Foxx is it is one of only a couple card/premiums that show him as a Catcher (he only played Catcher about 3% of his games in his career).

I had a couple R311's in storage and you reminded me to scan them and add them to my site.

As you can see with the Cochrane, many R311's have pinholes

1936r311cochrane.jpg

1936r311terry.jpg

Members online

Latest posts