Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Tejada to the Giants!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
A downgrade from Uribe though...a few years older and a bit less productive. I guess they didn't want to be locked into 3 years that Uribe wanted.

Jan 15, 2009
rbadger said:
A downgrade from Uribe though...a few years older and a bit less productive. I guess they didn't want to be locked into 3 years that Uribe wanted.
From last year, it was a down year. If he can return to 09 form then we are set.

He will likely play SS. If things are so bad that Pablo flat out sucks we could try Huff at 3rd and Belt at first with an outfield of Ross, Torres and Derosa/whoever.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
a 1 year deal is much more better. I wonder if this means that the Giants expects one of their young SS's to either come up in 2011 or 2012. Perhaps Ehire Adrianza, Brandon Crawford, or Manny Burriss?

Jan 15, 2009
lisu said:
a 1 year deal is much more better. I wonder if this means that the Giants expects one of their young SS's to either come up in 2011 or 2012. Perhaps Ehire Adrianza, Brandon Crawford, or Manny Burriss?
Crawford in 2011, Ehire will take it over in 2012....at least that is what they are expecting especially if Ehire's bat catches up to his defense.

"The Giants matched Los Angeles' three-year, $21MM offer before moving on to other targets, according to Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times. " I dislike Uribe even more now, he declined us to go to the FODGERS!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
GiantsSuperCollector said:
lisu said:
Crawford in 2011, Ehire will take it over in 2012....at least that is what they are expecting especially if Ehire's bat catches up to his defense.

"The Giants matched Los Angeles' three-year, $21MM offer before moving on to other targets, according to Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times. " I dislike Uribe even more now, he declined us to go to the FODGERS!

If that is true, then I am really not happy with him.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
ronfromfresno said:
Dang, I really didn't want Tejada in Giants uni. I was hoping the Giants could get a deal done for another everyday SS.

There was talk of them being interested in Jeter. I guess that's not happening now.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Can Tejada still play Short? I was expecting a team like the Giants, with their emphasis on pitching to want to be strong up the middle.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
elmalo said:
Can Tejada still play Short? I was expecting a team like the Giants, with their emphasis on pitching to want to be strong up the middle.

I am thinking that Tejada will end up playing 3rd, and that one of the younger players might play SS all the time. Perhaps Crawford or Burriss will win the job.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
lisu said:
elmalo said:

I am thinking that Tejada will end up playing 3rd, and that one of the younger players might play SS all the time. Perhaps Crawford or Burriss will win the job.
That would make more sense. I really have no idea what they have in the minors, Im sure you know more about that than I do, but I just dont see them signing him to be the everyday SS. It doesnt seem like a good fit for the. Third makes a lot more sense.

Jan 15, 2009
elmalo said:
lisu said:
elmalo said:

That would make more sense. I really have no idea what they have in the minors, Im sure you know more about that than I do, but I just dont see them signing him to be the everyday SS. It doesnt seem like a good fit for the. Third makes a lot more sense.
They have Pablo and if he comes back to what he was earlier then Tejada can play SS like he did for the Padres.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
GiantsSuperCollector said:
elmalo said:
lisu said:
elmalo said:

They have Pablo and if he comes back to what he was earlier then Tejada can play SS like he did for the Padres.
No, I know. I am just curious as to wether he can still play SS.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
zach said:
ronfromfresno said:
Dang, I really didn't want Tejada in Giants uni. I was hoping the Giants could get a deal done for another everyday SS.

There was talk of them being interested in Jeter. I guess that's not happening now.

Sad about that too, figured the Giants would be the only real option outside of re-signing with the Yankees. But you never know, as stated by others earlier I'm not keen on Tejada playing SS everyday, so might just be an insurance policy for Panda. Leaving a need still at SS.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Good signing IMO. experience, and back in the Bay area where he was a Big Star, might bring his #s back up

Im guessing he will fill in at both SS and 3rd.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
The spotlight will be missed in San Diego. It was pretty obvious he was leaving, oh well. Time for Everth Cabrera to pick up the slack so my RC autos aren't worthless.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Not a bad signing IMO. The fact it was just 1 year 6.5MM. I wonder if we should've attempted to get orlando cabrera. I didn't want to get bartlet.

If he can hit .280-.285 with 10ish maybe 15 HR 85RBI and like 150 hits i'd be very happy.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
darocker80 said:
Not a bad signing IMO. The fact it was just 1 year 6.5MM. I wonder if we should've attempted to get orlando cabrera. I didn't want to get bartlet.

If he can hit .280-.285 with 10ish maybe 15 HR 85RBI and like 150 hits i'd be very happy.

Why not Bartlett, if he returns to 2009 form, he has roughly the same production, much better defense, steals bases and he's younger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts