Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Texas Rangers Top 10 Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Projected #1 starter? Ohhh, yeah. :mrgreen:

Perez_Super.jpg

TOP TEN
PROSPECTS
1. Martin Perez, lhp
2. Jurickson Profar, ss
3. Tanner Scheppers, rhp
4. Robbie Erlin, lhp
5. Engel Beltre, of
6. Michael Kirkman, lhp
7. Mike Olt, 3b
8. Luis Sardinas, ss
9. Jake Skole, of
10. Miguel de los Santos, lhp

BEST
TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Jurickson Profar
Best Power Hitter Mike Olt
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Chris McGuiness
Fastest Baserunner Leury Garcia
Best Athlete Jordan Akins
Best Fastball Tanner Scheppers
Best Curveball Tanner Scheppers
Best Slider Michael Kirkman
Best Changeup Miguel de los Santos
Best Control Robbie Erlin
Best Defensive Catcher Jose Felix
Best Defensive Infielder Jurickson Profar
Best Infield Arm Leury Garcia
Best Defensive Outfielder Engel Beltre
Best Outfield Arm Engel Beltre

PROJECTED 2014
LINEUP
Catcher Kellin Deglan
First Base Mitch Moreland
Second Base Jurickson Profar
Third Base Mike Olt
Shortstop Elvis Andrus
Left Field Nelson Cruz
Center Field Josh Hamilton
Right Field Engel Beltre
Designated Hitter Ian Kinsler
No. 1 Starter Martin Perez
No. 2 Starter Tanner Scheppers
No. 3 Starter Robbie Erlin
No. 4 Starter C.J. Wilson
No. 5 Starter Derek Holland
Closer Neftali Feliz

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Hmm...projected #1 starter and yet with no plus/plus pitches...hmm...probably the first I've seen of that.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
One of my chat questions will be if Loux signed too late to be included, and what the word is on his health.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Jaypers said:
One of my chat questions will be if Loux signed too late to be included, and what the word is on his health.

I don't think he would make the top ten even if totally healthy. The Rangers have a bunch of mid-range arms and I would expect he would fall into the middle of them. The word I'm reading about Loux is that the shoulder will eventually need surgery but the Rangers will let him pitch and try to get the most out of him until that time comes. Martin Perez pitched in the Venezuelan League this fall. He was knocked around pretty good. I know he is young but it has been a while since he's put together several successful outings in a row. Interesting that they consider Scheppers a starter.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Another of my questions will be how David Perez missed this list. Scratching my head at that one.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Very nice Perez there Jaypers!

It seems that 2010 bowman chrome may end up being a decent box....A lot of scrubs, but definitely some nice autos...

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
noaskiecards said:

It seems that 2010 bowman chrome may end up being a decent box....A lot of scrubs, but definitely some nice autos...

It's 2010 Bowman w/chrome you are talking about, not 2010 Bowman Chrome. Just to clarify! :cool:

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Messier2 said:
noaskiecards said:

It's 2010 Bowman w/chrome you are talking about, not 2010 Bowman Chrome. Just to clarify! :cool:

I guess bowman w/ chrome will be an ok product as well ;)

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
SamHell said:
Jaypers said:

I don't think he would make the top ten even if totally healthy. The Rangers have a bunch of mid-range arms and I would expect he would fall into the middle of them. The word I'm reading about Loux is that the shoulder will eventually need surgery but the Rangers will let him pitch and try to get the most out of him until that time comes. Martin Perez pitched in the Venezuelan League this fall. He was knocked around pretty good. I know he is young but it has been a while since he's put together several successful outings in a row. Interesting that they consider Scheppers a starter.

Jurickson Profar > Martin Perez Even as a pitcher. You can quote me.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Joshua.Roundtree said:
SamHell said:
Jaypers said:

Jurickson Profar > Martin Perez Even as a pitcher. You can quote me.

I'm a fan of Profar. No need to sell me on him. I know most teams wanted Profar as a pitcher but he signed with the Rangers because he wanted to play every day. As far as Perez, I don't know. I've seen him pitch live twice. First time he was dominating, the second time he either walked guys or they hit rockets.
JuricksonProfar2010DonrussEliteAspAuto.jpg

Profar2010Elite.jpg

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Some quick odds and ends from the weekend:

•The Rangers signed righthander Barret Loux, the No. 6 overall pick in the 2010 draft who had a $2 million deal with the Diamondbacks fall apart when he failed a postdraft physical. MLB made Loux a free agent Sept. 1, but it took nearly three months before Texas gave him $312,000. Many teams were concerned about Loux's medical history before he failed the physical, and the consensus was he closer to a sandwich-round talent than the sixth-best player in the draft. Though Loux won't make our soon-to-be-released Rangers Top 10 Prospects list, he's a nice arm to add to the inventory and a bargain if he stays healthy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jurgy25 said:
Jaypers I got $100 in my Paypal, just LMK when you wanna send that card my way.

Wait by your phone. It should ring anytime now. :cool: :lol:

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Jaypers said:
Jurgy25 said:
Jaypers I got $100 in my Paypal, just LMK when you wanna send that card my way.

Wait by your phone. It should ring anytime now. :cool: :lol:
I'd even be willing to go $100.25 - you know, just to keep that ROI climbing :lol: . Seriously though, nice card JP!

Members online

Latest posts