Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest sketch card for Jarrod Parker - Updated first page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
parkersketch.jpg

Back in May, I got an email from Jarrod Parker asking about my sketches. He'd found them and the previous one I did of him through a seach that lead him to the sketch site my brother created for me (I still need to update it :? ) I agreed to do a sketch for him. He wanted it for his folks since they really like this sort of stuff of him. He was going to send a pic that he wanted for the sketch; however, things got delayed with him rehabbing in Arizona and then moving to the Mobile AA team in June.

I hadn't heard from him in a while so in November I sent Jarrod an email and included my photobucket links with the newest sketches I'd done to see if he still wanted one. He sent me a few pics and I sketched the above card which he'll be signing and giving to his parents for Christmas. I kind of talked him into signing the card if I left a cool spot for it :p . I think the card will look nice with his auto and I hope he and his folks like it.

I may be 30 years old, but I'm still a huge baseball fan and thought it was pretty cool to be able to do a sketch for Jarrod.

Eric

UPDATE*

Today I found a small package in the mailbox. When I saw who was on the return address, I opened it pretty quickly. Here's what was inside:

parker.jpgparker2.jpg

ball2.jpg

Needless to say, I was speechless and these pieces will be in my PC indefinately.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Latest sketch card & cool story about who it's going to

Awesome story Eric, that's pretty dang cool :)

You are a very gifted person with a pencil in hand! My Doerr sketch is one of my favorites in the PC...maybe next year I will have you make another one for me. ;)

Jared

Oct 22, 2009

Very cool. Great story, thanks for sharing.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009

Very cool story and sketch! Is there a thread with more of your sketches?

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009

Great job man! Those look amazing, especially for the limited space you had to work with there! Well done!

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
OK, that Jarrod Parker sketch looks so good it's like it's not even real. Wow, that is a tremendous job on that! Looks amazing.

I met Jarrod while he was in Low A, in the Midwest League. He was a very nice kid, and polite to all the fans with autographs and all. I hoped he would achieve success, and after his TJ surgery, it sounds like things are looking awfully good for him. He deserves it.

Great story, and great work!

Members online

Latest posts