Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 USA Baseball Box Set Autos - Thoughts? (Poll Inside)

Will you buy the USA Set autos?

• Yes, I like the design and the parallels.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
We finally get to see the numbered breakdown of the USA Box Set Base set autographs.

Red Auto /99 (Previous /25)
!C!m-Q9wEGk~$(KGrHqJ,!joE0D2BBbCjBNDtGmU9v!~~0_12.jpg

Green Auto /25 (Previous /2)
!C!m4(2QBGk~$(KGrHqR,!j!E0GmdVLi8BNDsscGTTg~~0_12.jpg

What are your thoughts?

(This is only for the base set autos, not the patch autos.)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Aww, crap. In other words, they cranked up the presses to no end. Not digging that at all. At least UD knew how to set limits.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Not crazy about the studio shots. Not at all. Kind of makes the card lifeless.

As far as the serial-numbering...it doesn't really matter to me, although it gives more opportunity for "jersey number" serial numbering.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
As for the design, I don't like these any better than the ones inserted into TC. And as Mike said, the hand numbering might lead to some unscrupulous behavior.

mike1870

Nov 3, 2008
I am staying with Bowman Chrome Draft USA. I LOVE THE FLAG IN THE BACKGROUND. Very nice touch

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Jaypers said:
Aww, crap. In other words, they cranked up the presses to no end. Not digging that at all. At least UD knew how to set limits.

While the red and green parallels are serial-numbered higher this year, it is my understanding that there are no autograph sub-sets as has been the staple for UD releases in years past.

In other words, there are base, red and green autos (maybe 1/1s though the outside of the box doesn't have odds), auto relics and auto patches and that's it.

No "Big Sigs" or "Q&A" or any of the other useless subsets that UD used to put out.

Plus the autograph checklist is 63 deep.

Plus in the two sets that I have opened, there were two red parallel autos in one set and one in the other.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
blazers091 said:
yuck. these look like crap

To me these look like AFLAC cards. I'm not a big fan of this design either; however, the autograph relic and patch cards are much nicer.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Anyone have an idea of MSRP and "guaranteed" box breakdown?

I believe SRP is $100. It should be the same as UD's was.

Seven autographs per box and three relics, I believe.

I opened two sets and got five on-card autographs and two auto/relics in one box and four on-card autos, two auto/relics and one auto patch in the other.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Crash Davis said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I opened two sets and got five on-card autographs and two auto/relics in one box and four on-card autos, two auto/relics and one auto patch in the other.
Clearly I've missed the a full break somewhere, have a scan of the break? Base cards?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Crash Davis said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Clearly I've missed the a full break somewhere, have a scan of the break? Base cards?

He hasn't posted it yet; probably because the live date isn't until this week.

I'd be curious to see the results as well.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Crash Davis said:
Jaypers said:

While the red and green parallels are serial-numbered higher this year, it is my understanding that there are no autograph sub-sets as has been the staple for UD releases in years past.

In other words, there are base, red and green autos (maybe 1/1s though the outside of the box doesn't have odds), auto relics and auto patches and that's it.

No "Big Sigs" or "Q&A" or any of the other useless subsets that UD used to put out.

Plus in the two sets that I have opened, there were two red parallel autos in one set and one in the other.

While the market right now doesn't show it, those sub-set autos actually represent value in the breaks. While the base sets were a focus in the past, the other autos were a draw to the breaker. Variety creates a feeling of getting more to the consumer, plus many of those Big Sigs, Q&A, IHOW, etc sold well for the first few months. The market has clearly lowered as the new products shift attention.

The hand numbering is just unacceptable on a set that was planned so far back. If chrome releases can be serial numbered (and there are far more cards to stamp in those sets), these can easily be stamped. Hand numbering just makes the product look extremely rushed.

There were never 1/1 base autos in the UD product. Always Base (2008 were /175, 2009 were unnumbered), red /25, and Green /2.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
Jaypers said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Crash Davis said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

He hasn't posted it yet; probably because the live date isn't until this week.

I'd be curious to see the results as well.

I don't usually post breaks. I am trying to be somewhat helpful right now and share with you my two set break. I'm not a big fan of the base autos, though they are on-card. The auto/relics and auto/patch cards are very nice. If you recall the last year of Topps basketball they had triple relics. The auto relics are designed to resemble those.

I just checked eBay and I've noticed that somebody posted base autos for sale. Hopefully the guy will list some auto/relics so you can see them. They are really much nicer than the base autos. They are all auto triple relics #/219. The auto patches are #/50 and have the 3-jersey window with a full patch underneath.

Now if only some of the base autos weren't laminated. They look like the cards you had made of yourself as a little leaguer back in the 1980s.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
Crash Davis said:
Jaypers said:

While the market right now doesn't show it, those sub-set autos actually represent value in the breaks. While the base sets were a focus in the past, the other autos were a draw to the breaker. Variety creates a feeling of getting more to the consumer, plus many of those Big Sigs, Q&A, IHOW, etc sold well for the first few months. The market has clearly lowered as the new products shift attention.

The hand numbering is just unacceptable on a set that was planned so far back. If chrome releases can be serial numbered (and there are far more cards to stamp in those sets), these can easily be stamped. Hand numbering just makes the product look extremely rushed.

There were never 1/1 base autos in the UD product. Always Base (2008 were /175, 2009 were unnumbered), red /25, and Green /2.

I agree the hand-numbering is weak. It seems to me that it would've taken less effort to machine-number them.

The auto/relics are machine-numbered though. Thank goodness for that.

I hated the subsets BUT that's just me.

It will be interesting to see how these do.

drewdaddy42

Feb 25, 2009
Lakewood, CA
Anyone of have a link to a finalized checklist? Couldn't open blowouts. So if there are /219 Auto Triple Jersey cards and 65 signers that is a total of 14235 Auto Triple Jersey and falling two per box that comes out to a 7117 boxes or approximately 1186 cases. How does that stack against previous production? If I remember correctly UD kept it to 5,000 boxes?

Of course that is all assuming there are no parallel Auto Triple Jersey cards.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
drewdaddy42 said:
Anyone of have a link to a finalized checklist? Couldn't open blowouts. So if there are /219 Auto Triple Jersey cards and 65 signers that is a total of 14235 Auto Triple Jersey and falling two per box that comes out to a 7117 boxes or approximately 1186 cases. How does that stack against previous production? If I remember correctly UD kept it to 5,000 boxes?

Of course that is all assuming there are no parallel Auto Triple Jersey cards.

It's 63 signers on the base checklist, and I believe 63 on the auto relics. There are parallels to 50 as auto patches. I'm not sure if all players have auto patches.

Members online

Latest posts