Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well, i've turned a wax corner...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Was at Target and saw a 2010 BDP Blaster, looked at it, put it down.

It's been a long time coming, but after more BDP Boxes then i care to admit or remember,
i've "lost that loving feeling".

Im more interested in 8 packs of 1981 Topps for $20 then 8 packs of 2010 Baseball for $20

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Retail kinda sucks anyway.. how do you feel about hobby boxes?

there are no card shops here, so my exposure to hobby boxes is only online. there was a while
there that i kept tabs on blowout hoping for a good black friday sale, but they didnt do anything,
and i stopped looking at their stuff for the most part.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Given the two side by side, no chance I'd take any year of Bowman Chrome, Draft or similar over an equal amount of 1981. No chance. Probably my favorite set of the 80s.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not sure why you ever bought them in the first place E. Heck you didn't open half of them anyway! ;)

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
I'm absolutely with you on that one. My grandma would bring me a box of 81 topps baseball every time she came to the house that year (she came over quite a bit) and it's still one of my favorites.

And given the choice of new or old wax, I just bought rack packs of 75 topps for the price of a couple of boxes of new draft.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
love the smell (+ wax…+ gum…mmmm tasty) in some of the older packs. retail never really thrilled me (always pulled ish LOL), so I can usually avoid it…though I did cave recently + ripped a box of '10 bc retail. Nothing worth mentioning which reminded me why I don't rip retail hah

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Marro said:
It was much more fun pulling base of your player and the once in a while all star glossy.

There were no glossy cards in 1981 Topps.

To that extent, there were no all-star subsets in 1981 topps. The All-Star players had a border at the top of the card noting same.

!B8Cc7CQBmk~$(KGrHqQOKpoEy+jCyz12BM14BZmVew~~_3.jpg

In fact, there wer no glossy cards inserted in wax packs at all in the 80s. In Rack Packs, I believe starting in 1983 (definitely in 84, but I believe in 83), you would have a glossy All-Star card on the front of the rack of any of the starting players including the manager.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Was at Target and saw a 2010 BDP Blaster, looked at it, put it down.

It's been a long time coming, but after more BDP Boxes then i care to admit or remember,
i've "lost that loving feeling".

Im more interested in 8 packs of 1981 Topps for $20 then 8 packs of 2010 Baseball for $20

The Target at Atlantic Center?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts