Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Merry Christmas to me.... oh wait....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Logged into my bank site today to find that someone charged 9 $200 transactions to PayPal and it almost wiped out my entire account. I saw 9 emails for PayPal receipts yesterday and figured they were spam and quickly deleted them. Today I found out they were real. Had to change my password, funding option and security questions. Im still limited because I have a cell phone and they wont call it... has to be a land line. They are sending something in the mail but with Christmas and New Years who knows if that will arrive next week.

I disputed the charges but it said it would take 10 days.... again with back to back Holiday weeks... who knows how long it will really take. And I only hope I did it right. I just got back from the bank to see if they could do anything. They said since I opened the dispute on PayPal... they cant do anything. But once I get the money back they will reimburse me for the $5 charges for having to transfer the money out of savings to cover the $200 charges.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Sorry to hear about that, I hope it gets straightened out for you soon. I really can't stand a thief! :evil:

Was this money in your PayPal acct or bank acct? It's scary to think that people can tap into your accounts like that.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Sorry to hear about that, I hope it gets straightened out for you soon. I really can't stand a thief! :evil:

Was this money in your PayPal acct or bank acct? It's scary to think that people can tap into your accounts like that.

It was bank account. It was what I used as a backup payment option.

Luckily I had enough left to transfer to checking to cover any outstanding payments... My big payments all cleared..and this wasnt a payday thankfully.

Hoping it all works out.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
Any chance they catch these people?

Its still early in the process.

Im on hold now.... I opened the disputes... I just wanna make sure I did everything correctly. Would hate to think I did it... and wait 2 weeks to find out I didnt... only to wait 2-3 more weeks.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
:D :D :D :D :D

Just got off the phone with PayPal and he said I did open the disputes properly and I will be getting the refunds in about 10 days. So that is a huge relief.

Gonna make Christmas a lot better. Atleast this isnt on my mind. Just have to wait it out and soon my bank will be back to normal.

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Glad to hear it. Man that sucks, I'm glad you it got sorted out and will be getting a full refund.

Members online

Latest posts