Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be hyped the most in Spring Training

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
mwashuc06 said:
Brett Keith said:
Mike Stanton
Jesus Montero
Dustin Ackley
Domonic Brown
Mike Moustakas

What's your opinion on Brown Brett Keith.

I've always liked him. All the tools you can ask for and the inside track to win a starting job on a team that will be getting a TON of attention. He should have little pressure on him for someone in his position, of his caliber. The Phillies offense should bounce back and then the pitching, oh my the pitching. I think the projections on FanGraphs are pretty close to what will happen with him this year.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
mwashuc06 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":209gexap]Mike Stanton
Jesus Montero
Dustin Ackley
Domonic Brown
Mike Moustakas

I've always liked him. All the tools you can ask for and the inside track to win a starting job on a team that will be getting a TON of attention. He should have little pressure on him for someone in his position, of his caliber. The Phillies offense should bounce back and then the pitching, oh my the pitching. I think the projections on FanGraphs are pretty close to what will happen with him this year.[/quote:209gexap]

Think Justin Upton can turn around or is he destined to be a lot like his brother. McCutchen matched him offensively this year and I think they could battle each other on who is the better player over time. Your not high on Cutch are you?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
mwashuc06 said:
Brett Keith said:
mwashuc06 said:
[quote="Brett Keith":3qpg62uc]Mike Stanton
Jesus Montero
Dustin Ackley
Domonic Brown
Mike Moustakas

I've always liked him. All the tools you can ask for and the inside track to win a starting job on a team that will be getting a TON of attention. He should have little pressure on him for someone in his position, of his caliber. The Phillies offense should bounce back and then the pitching, oh my the pitching. I think the projections on FanGraphs are pretty close to what will happen with him this year.

Think Justin Upton can turn around or is he destined to be a lot like his brother. McCutchen matched him offensively this year and I think they could battle each other on who is the better player over time. Your not high on Cutch are you?[/quote:3qpg62uc]

If Justin is healthy, he'll be fine. I really think he and that whole team was drug down by how disappointing their season was. I think he was also pressing, knowing he's the face of the franchise. He needs to go somewhere else, or they need to change things down there if they want him to reach his potential. I like Cutch, but I think his ceiling simply falls short of Justin's. Cutch will steal more bases, but his HR's will likely top out at 25. Cutch may hit for a better AVG, but Justin will probably draw more BB's. They both have Gold Glove potential, just wish Justin was allowed to play CF.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
Prob. Montero....Has anyone noticed his stuff is getting bought at this very moment at outrageous prices on ebay? A ref for $110, a bgs 9 chrome auto for $99.99.......

Wish I had more than a BGS 9.5 Chrome Auto + sterling jersey/auto :(

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
noaskiecards said:
Prob. Montero....Has anyone noticed his stuff is getting bought at this very moment at outrageous prices on ebay? A ref for $110, a bgs 9 chrome auto for $99.99.......

Wish I had more than a BGS 9.5 Chrome Auto + sterling jersey/auto :(

I'm sitting on a Ref that I may get raw reviewed at the WP show... I think it's a 9.5...

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
stevezimmer22 said:
Has to be Montero.

Yes. There is Montero, and then there is everyone else. None of them will be close to him and the buzz created by the New York media.

Yeah they will. If he had a good shot at winning a starting job and wasn't likely to get traded, I'd agree.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
stevezimmer22 said:
Has to be Montero.

Yes. There is Montero, and then there is everyone else. None of them will be close to him and the buzz created by the New York media.

One could argue that Dominic Brown would be the most hyped in ST next year. Sure the NY media market can pump up a player, but the national media market will be squarely focused on the Phillies and their ungodly rotation meaning Dominic Brown should get some national attention...not just localized.

Members online

Latest posts