Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help on this Peyton Manning RC ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys, not big into football but came across this Peyton. Anyone know exactly what set this is from ? I know its Edge but that is all, this version has a diamond type object in the colts logo. Thanks.
2yjy7g2.jpg

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Garbage Collector's Edge ****. I know CE made a ton of Manning crap that year and this is just another card. I've seen it before, but don't even think Beckett has is catalogued.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Okay, I tried finding some info on this but I couldn't find any. However, I remember these when they came out (showing my age a little).

1. That's supposed to be a real diamond.
2. These were hard as hell to pull. I know the shop I went to at that time ripped about 40 boxes (they set up at shows too) and didn't pull 1 of any player.
3. Packs with these would have a decoy with a hole cut in it to protect the diamond.

They were selling for ridiculous prices, some in the 750-1,000 range. But this is the first I've seen in about 10 years.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
PhillyPuckNut said:
Okay, I tried finding some info on this but I couldn't find any. However, I remember these when they came out (showing my age a little).

2. These were hard as hell to pull. I know the shop I went to at that time ripped about 40 boxes (they set up at shows too) and didn't pull 1 of any player.
3. Packs with these would have a decoy with a hole cut in it to protect the diamond.

They were selling for ridiculous prices, some in the 750-1,000 range. But this is the first I've seen in about 10 years.

Thanks for the info! Have any idea what it could be worth ?

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
XdanX said:
PhillyPuckNut said:

Thanks for the info! Have any idea what it could be worth ?
Collector's Edge put out like 12 sets that year, each of them had at least 1 Manning, 1 set had 4 if I remember right.

To be honest, if the diamond is real, you'd probably make more selling the diamond than you would for the card. One of the ones that David showed the link to sold recently for $10. So I'm guessing that's not a real auto. If you're looking to move it, you might as well do a $.99 auction and see what happens. Otherwise, it's still a nice card that I'm sure a couple of Manning collectors around here don't have. Maybe you could get something nice for your collection in a trade.

If CE didn't make so many damn cards that year, that could still be a high end card. But just like Action Packed and Playoff in the late 90s, early 2000s, they overproduced and shot themselves in both feet.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I have one of those buried somewhere in my collection, I'm pretty sure I got it from a special purchase from Home Shopping of Peyton Manning stuff. It came with a real autographed Collectors Edge card. I also got an autographed uncut sheet of a special Peyton Manning set that was never made because the company went under.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
coltsnsox07 said:
I have one of those buried somewhere in my collection, I'm pretty sure I got it from a special purchase from Home Shopping of Peyton Manning stuff. It came with a real autographed Collectors Edge card. I also got an autographed uncut sheet of a special Peyton Manning set that was never made because the company went under.
Was it that old sports card, coin, and other collectible show with Don West? He was the only reason I watched TNA. :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
PhillyPuckNut said:

:shock: Old Man Puck showing the human brain can sometimes beat wikipedia or the Beckett database.

Members online

Latest posts