Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice appreciated on submitting PSA/DNA in person

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey,

I have a couple of larger items (one lithograph) that I would like to submit to PSA/DNA in person at the upcoming White Plains show. Couple of questions:

1. Is there a chance that PSA/DNA would return an item in person the same day it was submitted (If I understand correctly they have an expedited option, for $35 or so, but was not sure if that was the next day or same day.)

2. Are there any concerns with worrying about the handling of the item in person. Both items are valuable for the item itself besides for the autograph and I am worried about damage to the item. Right now I have them rolled up (one "stored" in a Priority Mail tube) and want to do as much as I can to make sure that nothing happens to them. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I submitted an autograph to PSA (my first time ever) at the white plains show last year. The process was VERY easy.

When i got to the booth, i had to fill out a form. Basic stuff, pretty much your info and what you are submitting. They said come back in about 3 hours (because the people were at lunch). I came back two hours later and my photo was ready. i did NOT use the expedited option.

My advice, is go to the booth first...ask how long it might take, and if they say 3 hours, that probably means 2 which is plenty of time to look around at the booths.

As for handling, i brought my item in the cardboard it came shipped in, and thats how i got it back. They will ask you to take it out to make sure its what you say it is before accepting it...thats the best info i can offer on that.

Hope i helped some.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
jpcz said:
I submitted an autograph to PSA (my first time ever) at the white plains show last year. The process was VERY easy.

When i got to the booth, i had to fill out a form. Basic stuff, pretty much your info and what you are submitting. They said come back in about 3 hours (because the people were at lunch). I came back two hours later and my photo was ready. i did NOT use the expedited option.

My advice, is go to the booth first...ask how long it might take, and if they say 3 hours, that probably means 2 which is plenty of time to look around at the booths.

As for handling, i brought my item in the cardboard it came shipped in, and thats how i got it back. They will ask you to take it out to make sure its what you say it is before accepting it...thats the best info i can offer on that.

Hope i helped some.
Definitely helped. Great to know I can have it done in one day which also alleviates some of the concerns about it getting damaged.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
c'mon, what Topnotch stuff are you submitting?
Couple of signed Bill Watterson (of Calvin and Hobbes fame) signed items. Copies of these were sent to the newspapers. The top one when he ended the strip, and the second (which is a lithograph) when he took a hiatus in 1992. These were extras that never got sent out.

!B+lg86!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKpwEy+jCzBzVBN!FkFw+8!~~_3.jpg
!B+lfigQ!mk~$(KGrHqUOKjUEzF0y01tMBN!FeD6Fcw~~_3.jpg

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
I can almost 100% guarantee that if you drop off early in the day you will get it back that same day...if not withing 2-3 hours. You could always email PSA first and ask them - that way you will know before the show.
pete

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
i went to the show on a saturday and got to the booth around 1230ish...and they quoted me 3 hours (and was done in 2)...maybe the day was slow, i dont know...but im sure saturdays tend to be busier than weekdays.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
and please pay the extra money so they dont ruin it with an awful sticker.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
bowmanchromeandorr said:
how dare you collecting something other than baseball and then have the nerve to show it on a baseball page...

J/K very cool C and H goodies...
Well, there was no Calvinball forum...

burke23 said:
I can almost 100% guarantee that if you drop off early in the day you will get it back that same day...if not withing 2-3 hours. You could always email PSA first and ask them - that way you will know before the show.
pete

Thanks for the response. Good idea on emailing, I had not though og that.

jpcz said:
i went to the show on a saturday and got to the booth around 1230ish...and they quoted me 3 hours (and was done in 2)...maybe the day was slow, i dont know...but im sure saturdays tend to be busier than weekdays.

Sounds good to me. I hope to go Sunday.

ThoseBackPages said:
after you get them back from PSA, they MUST be framed, you hear me?

That is the plan. Wish framing was not so expensive.

nyc3 said:
and please pay the extra money so they dont ruin it with an awful sticker.

Thanks for the tip. I had not realized that they have different offers. As you mention I don't want a sticker on it, and will look out for that.

Topnotchsy said:
Hey,

I have a couple of larger items (one lithograph) that I would like to submit to PSA/DNA in person at the upcoming White Plains show. Couple of questions:

1. Is there a chance that PSA/DNA would return an item in person the same day it was submitted (If I understand correctly they have an expedited option, for $35 or so, but was not sure if that was the next day or same day.)

2. Are there any concerns with worrying about the handling of the item in person. Both items are valuable for the item itself besides for the autograph and I am worried about damage to the item. Right now I have them rolled up (one "stored" in a Priority Mail tube) and want to do as much as I can to make sure that nothing happens to them. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Submit the Lithograph in a top loader. You will definately be able to find one at the show. They will accept the item in a top loader holder. That is the best bet as far as protection. When i submit cards, i put them in a penny sleave and then in the card saver holder.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Submit the Lithograph in a top loader. You will definately be able to find one at the show. They will accept the item in a top loader holder. That is the best bet as far as protection. When i submit cards, i put them in a penny sleave and then in the card saver holder.

They make top loaders that are 17"x22"?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Topnotchsy said:
ThoseBackPages said:
after you get them back from PSA, they MUST be framed, you hear me?

That is the plan. Wish framing was not so expensive.

and i wish slabbing wasnt so expensive! LOL
I hear you. Same with authenticating, especially on an item I am not worried is fake, but want to authenticate before framing in case I look to move it down the line.

Topnotchsy said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

probably not that size but i have a few that are 18x24. if you go on ebay they sell them on there if you dont want to wait till the show. but i think 18x24 would be perfect for submitting them in

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Topnotchsy said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":2ah9frqh]

probably not that size but i have a few that are 18x24. if you go on ebay they sell them on there if you dont want to wait till the show. but i think 18x24 would be perfect for submitting them in[/quote:2ah9frqh]
I could have been less lazy and checked eBay. 18x24 seems like a good size for it and I see them on eBay. may just wait for the show to pick them up (shipping costs are high and it may not arrive in time) but those seem like a perfect option. Thanks!

Topnotchsy said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
Topnotchsy said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":3hmxujgh]

probably not that size but i have a few that are 18x24. if you go on ebay they sell them on there if you dont want to wait till the show. but i think 18x24 would be perfect for submitting them in
I could have been less lazy and checked eBay. 18x24 seems like a good size for it and I see them on eBay. may just wait for the show to pick them up (shipping costs are high and it may not arrive in time) but those seem like a perfect option. Thanks![/quote:3hmxujgh]

no prob. you will have no problem getting one at the show. I would not submit a litho of that value in a tube. at leats you know in a top loader it will be properly protected.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Topnotchsy said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1scu541r]
Topnotchsy said:
[quote="Big Mac McGwire":1scu541r]

I could have been less lazy and checked eBay. 18x24 seems like a good size for it and I see them on eBay. may just wait for the show to pick them up (shipping costs are high and it may not arrive in time) but those seem like a perfect option. Thanks![/quote:1scu541r]

no prob. you will have no problem getting one at the show. I would not submit a litho of that value in a tube. at leats you know in a top loader it will be properly protected.[/quote:1scu541r]
Definitely. I had no clue toploaders came that big, so really appreciate the advice.

Members online

Latest posts