Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors- Just some info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Just wondering if you guys knew that 97 Select Company high series (cards 151-200), came with two backgrounds. The reason for this, is that they accidentally put Select Company on all the high series, not just the inserts.

Regaular card that should not have had the Select Company printed on it.

IMG_3567.jpg

and the real Select Company. Notice the difference in foil backgrounds.
IMG_3569.jpg

I know a lot of the henderson collectors never realized this, so I figured I would throw it out there.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm assuming this is for every player in the high number set? You know...half the time you guys mention something about a variation and I go back and look and have the damn thing and didn't even know it.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Yes, the high numbers only. I have 2-5000 count boxes of Henderson doubles and always find variations in there when new ones pop up.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I have the two Olerud Selects (he's #158). I remember hearing about this a few years ago, but I don't remember where I got the them. It's a pretty subtle different when you look at a picture or scan, but when you have the actual cards in your hand, the difference in the foil backgrounds stands out more.

- Rod

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I'll have to check mine out. About 10 times over the course of my trading career I traded for one of these, only to get it and ::facepalm:: because it was the one I already had. Hmmm....

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
I'll have to check mine out. About 10 times over the course of my trading career I traded for one of these, only to get it and ::facepalm:: because it was the one I already had. Hmmm....

You sound like me trying to complete my 2006 A& G mini set a few years back. I was down to one card and had to try to get the right card like 3 or 4 times because every seller I would buy it from would send the wrong damn one. It was always a parallel version. Man...I wish they'd give you that kind of an upgrade when you buy cards for you player collection. Like instead of getting a Bagwell plain white jersey...oopps...sorry. i accidentally sent you the patch version. ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts