Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think this Jordan auto is real?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
I posted this on the basketball boards but since this board gets the most traffic, Ill post it here too.

Just keep in mind its an IP, perhaps from 93/94, on a non mint card against a dark background.

IMG_20110116_210651.jpg

IMG_20110116_210618.jpg

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Did you get it IP yourself or someone else who said they got it IP themselves - my first guess would be a stamp if you aren't absolutely sure you got it in-person.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It's definitely not a stamp, as you can see fibrous streaks from the swipe of a sharpie, nor does the ink pool inward as would ink on a glossy surface. I definitely wouldn't think this is an autopen, as there is no compression etching in the surface of the card. Autopens tend to press too hard. That being said, the image is really tough to analyze.

All that said, I'm no Jordan signature expert, so I don't know. The tail of the "M" in Michael seems very blunt, however, which would be of some concern to me.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Someone needs head and shoulders though. Auto looks ok, Not sure about the rise up the J and whats right after it. You as a dealer can pick his pack pulled autos of cheap at your shop and shows. Why would you be going after an IP auto? Even some of his autos sell in the 250-300 range, Would save up or unload something to pick one up.

Jul 30, 2009
Im devoting a showcase section in my store to cheap MJ cards, nothing more than maybe $20, mostly on the $3-$10 sides.

So some of the cards I was hoping to buy this weekend were MJ cards.

I went through this guys box a bunch of times during the White Plains show. Who knows how many times I blew this card off not noticing the "auto" (dark marker/dark background). Its a nice photo of him dunking so I bought it, ready to put it in the $3 section until I noticed it was autographed when I got home.

Still dont know what Im going to do with it, maybe just PC it or psa/dna if I feel like taking a gamble. Either way, Im happy with the DOLLAR it ran me :D :D :D :D

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I say bogus, why not just do a PSA quickopinion? If it's real you'll still be looking strong on the deal...

Jul 30, 2009
For now its pc, uncerted and un ******. But I thank everyones opinions.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I'll double your money and give you $2 for it!!!! :D

Haha...just kidding...nice steal if it turns out to be real.