Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Topps A&G David Price "Rainbow" Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Evening fellas. Received the 2010 A&G framed silk today to complete my David Price set. Very happy to add the card as I love chasing the Ginter parallels down, one of the best looking sets produced in my opinion.

Here they are all together:

Uncirculated 1/1
1DavidPricefront.jpg

Wood 1/1
1132DavidPrice.jpg

Mini Plate 1/1
1132DavidPrice-1.jpg

Framed Silk Mini 8/10
11DavidPrice.jpg

Mini
2010ToppsAGMini132DavidPrice.jpg

Bazooka Back Mini 8/25
25132DavidPrice.jpg

No Number Mini
2010ToppsAGMiniNoNumberDavidPrice.jpg

A&G Back Mini
2010ToppsAGMiniAGBack132DavidPrice.jpg

Black Mini
2010ToppsAGMiniBlack132DavidPrice.jpg

Base
2010ToppsAG132DavidPrice.jpg

Now I need to finish my 2009 set, anyone know where the two wood 1/1s are? : )

Thanks for the look,
Casey

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
caseya10781 said:

Thanks for the look,
Casey
I can assure you that the 2009 Wood is locked up in a personal collection.I doubt it will see the light of day anytime soon.The guys collection is insane.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
hofmichael said:
caseya10781 said:

Thanks for the look,
Casey
I can assure you that the 2009 Wood is locked up in a personal collection.I doubt it will see the light of day anytime soon.The guys collection is insane.
Oh, so the 2009 has surfaced, I've never seen it. Is it in the huge ginter collection that has been featured a few times? Guy has like 50 unripped rip cards? I'd love to email the owner just to talk cards and maybe see his collection (if he has it online), do you know his contact info? If so, could you PM it, thanks!

schmidtfan20 said:
Very nice set. It would be nice if he got an auto in a ginter set soon.

Kevin
Thanks and I agree! I thought he would have one in 2010, but unfortunately not. Hopefully this year.

James52411 said:
Some very nice cards there, and it must have been tough to put together. Impressive.
Thank you. I actually would have completed this earlier but I wouldn't pay the price tag of the first silk I saw, months and months ago.... I think I ended up paying more than the first went for, haha.

schillingfan said:
Congrats on completing the rainbow. They look great together!
Thank you.

Russ S. said:
Congrats Casey!
Love it.
Thanks buddy. Haven't talked with you in a while, doing alright?

scotty21690 said:
Thanks Scotty!

Casey

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Im not sure or not if the poster actually saw the Price, but ginter is so widely ripped that chances are the
Price has been pulled, ebayed and put into a collection to never see the light of day. In todays hobby the
ginter woods are THE 1/1 to own of your player and Price is pretty popular. Did he have an extended 1/1 also?

Kevin

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
schmidtfan20 said:
Im not sure or not if the poster actually saw the Price, but ginter is so widely ripped that chances are the
Price has been pulled, ebayed and put into a collection to never see the light of day. In todays hobby the
ginter woods are THE 1/1 to own of your player and Price is pretty popular. Did he have an extended 1/1 also?

Kevin
I thought he was saying he knew the person that had it, but I agree, likely that Price has been pulled and put away and I just missed it. Yes, Price had an extended Wood mini as well, #391.

Casey

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Awesome, congrats!!! Still need three printing plates though :)

Good luck on the 2009...I'll keep an eye out for you!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Sweet Price ginter rainbow. Has to be only a few like that ever done with any card in set.

Nick did you guys get a red ink Sig Hansen auto?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Re: 2010 Topps A&G David Price "Rainbow" Complete

the best ginter rainbow ever was that dude that collected the sheep shearer from 09. You guys remember that guy? He had the 1/1 wood and every card and three of the plates.

He offered a case of ginter for the last plate. When it surfaced in a ginter collection and the guy wouldn't move it.......the poor guy sold it all off.

Anyway, sweet Prices. I'm still on the lookout for my first Utley wood

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Re: 2010 Topps A&G David Price

Lancemountain said:
the best ginter rainbow ever was that dude that collected the sheep shearer from 09. You guys remember that guy? He had the 1/1 wood and every card and three of the plates.

He offered a case of ginter for the last plate. When it surfaced in a ginter collection and the guy wouldn't move it.......the poor guy sold it all off.

Minus the hype and the collector that plate would probably sell for 10 bucks, BUT......

It makes sense to make your quest know but there is always that chance someone will take advantage of that.

Brutal.

Kevin

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Re: 2010 Topps A&G David Price

schmidtfan20 said:
Lancemountain said:

Minus the hype and the collector that plate would probably sell for 10 bucks, BUT......

It makes sense to make your quest know but there is always that chance someone will take advantage of that.

Brutal.

Kevin

I agree, you have to make it known that you have interest without looking desperate. Offering to buy a case for one plate was a little much. If he offered 80$ for that plate I am sure he would have gotten it no problem. I'm sure the guy that had that plate was trying to squeeze the guy.....I felt bad, the guy had every possible variation and the other three plates. What a shame to be that close and locate the fourth plate and the guy won't be reasonable.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
caseya10781 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin
I thought he was saying he knew the person that had it, but I agree, likely that Price has been pulled and put away and I just missed it. Yes, Price had an extended Wood mini as well, #391.

Casey
It never made it to Ebay.It was sold in my LCS for $400.
Mike

njlw226

Jul 13, 2009
Kevin - we actually didn't get a red ink set...it was the regular autos but with a special 1/1 codebreaker frame. See scans here:

http://cardboardoverload.wordpress.com/ ... eaker-set/

I still have about 30 of the autos and I'm willing to trade them...if anyone is interested PM me.

MatchPenalty - I haven't received the 2010 prize yet (I didn't get the 2009 prize until March of 2010, so no telling when I get it this year), but I'm sure it will have a Hansen. As I said to Kevin though, these aren't red ink autos, they are the regular blue ink with special codebreaker frames.

Actually, I take that back...of all the autos received last year, the Dominique Wilkins was the only one that came in red. I was a big fan of his so the red looks great with the Hawks jersey!

Members online

Latest posts