Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twins Caravan Stop 2/2 SCANS!!!!!!! pg2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I know I have posted a lot on this topic, but it is hard to NOT post about something I am so excited about.

I will be leaving in 3 hours to go see:

Matt Tolbert
Danny Valencia
Dan Gladden

I have cards for each of course... Pics will be posted in this thread (as well as TF pics).

Tomorrow is the BIG one...

Trevor Plouffe (spelling?)
Ben Revere
Tony Oliva
John Gordon

and..... this guy:

Picture1045.jpg

I don't know what I am going to have him sign... probably a 2005 Bowman Chrome card, or a 2007 Bowman Chrome card

I will also be getting my first IP vintage card signed by Tony Oliva ON my first vintage card :D

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Re: Twins Caravan Stop 1/2

Here is my report!

We got to town about an hour before, so we had to stop and get some cash and then went to Target to get a baseball, and 2 packs of DPP. I pulled nothing and my friend pulled a Buster Posey gold (thicker card) RC :lol: oh well.

As for the Caravan, there was a big turnout. We got in and sat down and got food, and listened to everything. Those 3 are pretty funny. They poked fun at each other, and the Yankees.

One that I thought was funny was door prizes:

Gladden: "Now we are giving away a Matt Tolbert signed bat."

pause

Gladden: "It's game used, because there isn't a mark on it."

As for graphing, they said that Valencia wouldn't sign any RC... so that was a bummer, but I got Matt Tolbert on a 1st Bowman card, a 1992 Topps for Gladden, and a Twins photo for Valencia.

Tolbert and Gladden (especially Gladden) were talkative, and Valencia barely recognized anyone. He said "Hi" and "There you go"

That's ok though. It was nice to get SOMETHING from him.

Scans will be up tomorrow or Friday.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
Re: Twins Caravan Stop 1/2 *RESULTS*

Last year at Twinsfest I had to go through a line to get someone on my bat project and Dan Gladden was in the line so I thought I would do a ball with random Twins on there. I knew I was going to be in a line next for Tony Oliva so I thought Oliva should be on the sweet spot.

I get to Gladden and hand him the ball with the side panel up for him to sign, he turns it around and signs the sweet spot which was not what I wanted but stuff happens.

I go to get Oliva next a little bummed still about Gladden signing the sweet spot, I hand the ball to Oliva and I swear he looked at who was on the sweet spot and shot me a look like "are you kidding, Dan Gladden get's the prime real estate over me". I felt so bad I wanted to apologize for it. I'll put Gardinhire and Jerry White on there this year unless someone wants them, Gladden is going to be in Steinbachs line this year so I'll get another one, gotta find a card of his or something.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

TwinGnats said:
Last year at Twinsfest I had to go through a line to get someone on my bat project and Dan Gladden was in the line so I thought I would do a ball with random Twins on there. I knew I was going to be in a line next for Tony Oliva so I thought Oliva should be on the sweet spot.

I get to Gladden and hand him the ball with the side panel up for him to sign, he turns it around and signs the sweet spot which was not what I wanted but stuff happens.

I go to get Oliva next a little bummed still about Gladden signing the sweet spot, I hand the ball to Oliva and I swear he looked at who was on the sweet spot and shot me a look like "are you kidding, Dan Gladden get's the prime real estate over me". I felt so bad I wanted to apologize for it. I'll put Gardinhire and Jerry White on there this year unless someone wants them, Gladden is going to be in Steinbachs line this year so I'll get another one, gotta find a card of his or something.

I have a program that I need Steinbach on... and Molitor and Winfield. I STILL have to find something for Knudson to sign. I will NOT hand him something Twins... it HAS to be Gophers.

As for Dan, he is a great guy though... I had to take a pic with him as revenge for snapping a pic of my friend getting TC's auto. He looks at me and says "How tall are you?" I tell him "meh, 6'5" He gets up and says "I am only getting up for you" and then starts yelling at the crowd that I am the only guy he is going to get up to take a pic with. He stands next to me and says "You are taller than me..." and Danny and Matt are staring at us chuckling because he is basically yelling at everyone :lol:

That was awkward to say the least :lol: I doubt I will ever look at the pic, but I am sure my parents would want a copy of it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Sounds fun, especially the Gladden interaction.

Sucks about Valencia, unless he signed some exclusive card autograph deal or similar bizarre contract.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

boxbreaker44 said:
Have any Perkins plates?

I do, but I only want them signed if I were to have the full run. Like your Denker's (that I can't stop looking at).

sdsportsfan1214 said:
Good writeup looks fun man! but wow Valencia not signing rookie cards? arent those the only cards he has? lol

Besides his minor league team set stuff, yes those are his only cards. I don't believe he has a prospect card in Bowman, although I might be wrong. I was going to say "but this is his RC logo card, not his TRUE rookie, so I can have it signed right?" haha. I would have looked stupid.

I consider prepped cards to be "altered" or "damaged" so I don't want to dump it on someone. I will hold it and send it TTM or something in a couple years...

Tonight should be better. I got everything set out:

1969 Topps Sporting News Tony Oliva (my first vintage card)
2004 Just Rookies Glen Perkins (I asked my friend to get this signed for me)
2004 Just Rookies Trevor Plouffe (trying for the set)
2008 (I think) Projections Ben Revere
and a GENUINE leather baseball for John Gordon (I got him on one of those synthetic leather balls last year ::facepalm:: )

and probably a 2007 Bowman Chrome Perk for me, unless i find something nicer in my stash

[quote'"200lbhockeyplayer"]Sounds fun, especially the Gladden interaction.

Sucks about Valencia, unless he signed some exclusive card autograph deal or similar bizarre contract.[/quote]

It was fun. Embarrassing considering he was yelling at everyone, but it was nice to see Valencia show a bit of emotion during the signing :lol: And it was Dan "The Dazzle Man" Gladden, so I can manage :lol:

IDK what was up with Valencia... I will have to look into that. I have noticed his IP sig and his Cert sigs are WAY different (IP being full name w/# ) so it could be like you said with the contract. At least I got his auto though... too much more of his beastly-ness and I can see him turning into a Mauer, Morneau, Thome, or Blyleven with signing. It will be a LOT stricter than just rookie cards.

It was good that I went last night, because now I have set my bar as too where I think Perk will act... I think it is going to be worse than Valencia.

Oh well, just seeing him will be good enough for me.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Here is a pre-write up for tonight, aka "The Big One"

We are all set to leave in about 3 hours for the Caravan. I think I FINALLY picked out a Glen Perkins card to get signed, a 2007 A&G. I am also considering taking the entire collection with me (not doing anything weird with it, but just to say it was there) but I doubt I will. I am not expecting much from him, I doubt he will barely look up at me. That's fine. I will be happy with what I get.

I am also excited to have Oliva sign my card, which was my first vintage card that I purchased at what I believe was my first show (might have been my second). I know he will sign in Sharpie, but I will take what I can get.

My friend will be adding to his baseball bat, that already had Juan Berenger (spelling?), Bert Blyleven, and 2 guys that I couldn't make out, and as of last night, Dazzle Man, Tolbert, and Valencia. I asked him if I can have his Perkins sig, as I need it for my 2004 Just Rookies signed set, and he was cool with that. Because he is doing that, I will buy him a Blue Sharpie so he can have Gordon sign his bat too.

This is our last stop before Saturday's TwinsFest stop. Good thing too because Perk is the same time as Knudson and Wimmers.

If any of you Minnesotans have a Gophers Pocket Schedule from last year, PM me. I need it, as I don't want Knudson on an EEE card.

An interesting thing about last night... the Tolbert card I got was a freebie from my days on Topps, and I remember opening the package and remembering that I was GOING to get that card signed someday. My friend saw the Valencia and Tolbert and told me he didn't think that the sigs would stick :lol: I prepped them. It looks great signed! Better than I thought.

Depending on when I get home, I will post pics tonight, but probably tomorrow.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota

I know you've been talking about wanting to get a Perk Game-Used Jersey at TwinsFest for awhile now, just wanted to let you know that I was down at the Timberwolves game last night (great game to be at btw) and I stopped in the Majestic Clubhouse store and they had a Perk Jackie Robinson Day GU for $200.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008

TGutta said:
I know you've been talking about wanting to get a Perk Game-Used Jersey at TwinsFest for awhile now, just wanted to let you know that I was down at the Timberwolves game last night (great game to be at btw) and I stopped in the Majestic Clubhouse store and they had a Perk Jackie Robinson Day GU for $200.

Get that Jersey, whether he played or not, it is unique.
I have the Cuddy (mine has great game usage), you can tie it back to a specific game, and on the inside flap it will have Perkins name or number, so you know that it was actually his.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

Can't wait to see the scans of your autos. That's half the fun of sharing the stories--WE NEED PICS! :D

Is Saturday the only day you're going to Twinsfest? I have some Gopher stuff for you that I think you will like.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Musial Collector said:
TGutta said:

Get that Jersey, whether he played or not, it is unique.
I have the Cuddy (mine has great game usage), you can tie it back to a specific game, and on the inside flap it will have Perkins name or number, so you know that it was actually his.

The "GU" factor doesn't matter as much to me, as long as he wore it.

I will look into that when I go. Problem is that we will be in Blaine all-day, and it is such a high priced item that I don't want to ask anyone to buy it for me to reimburse.

It IS $50 cheaper than what there would be at TwinsFest.

Thanks for the info. I will try to work it into the schedule somehow.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Greg Cleveland said:
Can't wait to see the scans of your autos. That's half the fun of sharing the stories--WE NEED PICS! :D

Is Saturday the only day you're going to Twinsfest? I have some Gopher stuff for you that I think you will like.

Saturday is, yes.

Are you going on Saturday?

I can't wait to scan these bad boys in either :D :D

I have vids and pics too... IDK if I can upload the one of Valencia signing though... I don't think we were supposed to take videos of that. My friend and I were both recording and he said "Are you recording me?" and my friend said "No, I am just trying to get this camera to work"

One thing I forgot to mention, was Dazzle was wearing a WS ring. He was the question asker so he went through the crowd and came close to us and we got some pics. Not very good ones of the ring, but you can tell it's there.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

I am sorry for over-posting, but I can't help myself right now :D

Heading out in less than an hour, so I basically have enough time to gas up, check some stuff for school, then go to the high school to pick my friend up.

That, and I have to pick up a couple values of Bowman Draft at Wal-Mart.

One last thing about last night. Killebrew was a hot topic. One of the guys that was planning this stop or whatever got an idea to have a Killebrew #3 jersey made up with perrywinkle blue lettering and numbers. The jersey is going to Harmon. It was presented to Dan and I thought that was cool. It was supposed to be on display afterword, but I didn't see it or else I would have snapped a pic.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Re: Twins Caravan Stop 2/2

We are here!!!! Perk is supposed to come out in about half an hour. They have wifi here...

They have a stand for cards too... Nothing I need though...

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Twins Caravan Stop 2/2

TBTwinsFan said:
We are here!!!! Perk is supposed to come out in about half an hour. They have wifi here...

They have a stand for cards too... Nothing I need though...
Have perk inscribe it. Perk-the-jerk.

Members online

Latest posts