Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Replacements......quite a letdown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
So I sent in some of my Sweet Spot autos from 2007 that were all fading. In the lot was 2 HOF autos (B Robinson and Kaline), a dual HOF auto (Ripkin.Schmidt!!!), a Cahd Billingsley and Conor Jackson. The latter two I really couldn't care less about, but I was really concerned about what I would get to replace the dual and the other 2 HOF. The package that I got today was a letdown to say the least. I know that the Jeter has to be worth something, but to a Red Sox fan, it is one step away from a firestarter for my fireplace tonight.

Will UD send back my original cards if I return these? I would rather have 4 HOF faded autos than these jokes. Has anyone ever gotten any repsonse to bad replacements? They stated in their letter that the replacements were either "equal or greater value" than the damaged cards that I sent in. Personally, I don't think so. whoever came up with the values of these cards must have been checking Beckett during thier changeover to the new site ::facepalm:: .

Here are the cards that I sent and the ones that they replaced them with. Let me know what you think.

UDsweetspotBRobinson.jpg
UDsweetspotBillingsley.jpg
UDsweetspotCJackson.jpg
UDsweetspotkaline.jpg
UDsweetspotripkinschmidt.jpg

And the replacements:

TulowitskiSweetSpotreplacement.jpg
SizemoreSweetSpotreplacement.jpg
KinslerSweetSpotreplacement.jpg
JeterSweetSpotreplacement.jpg

I know what I think, but let me know what you think.

Thanks,

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Well although you may not be happy, you got some good players in return. Is that Jeter oversized? If so, I was at the local mall show in town just last weekend and I personally watched a guy pay $200 for an oversized Jeter that looked like that. Not saying that is what that will bring all the time, but I know it is a rare piece and that UD told him there are less than 49 of them. He called UD and ask them about the probible print run and that is what he got for a response. Less than 49. The seller was the promoter of the show and that was his replacement for a Jeter/Hanley dual auto redemption. He also recieved a Hanley UD auto. So that Jeter, even though you are a Sox fan, will bring you some coin to buy something else. Those HOF autos do hurt though. Sorry for your luck.

~AJ

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
A_Pharis said:
Umm. That Jeter is amazing.

Out of curiosity -- did you pull the ones you sent in or did you buy them?

Thanks, but to me it's not that amazing. It's one of those large box topper cards that isn't numbered or anything. I have seen these quite a few times and I think that UD just has a pile of them that they use for replacements. All of the ones that I had I pulled. The Ripkin/Schmidt was a redemption that I pulled.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I think you are lucky that you got a replacement for something MANY people where denied. There are tons of people who where told that the fading is not UD's problem. And seriously complaining about being a red sox fan and getting a $200 card? I hate to tell you but that jeter is nearly worth more than everything you sent in so I am not sure you are going to get much sympathy.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
jflan702 said:
A_Pharis said:
Umm. That Jeter is amazing.

Out of curiosity -- did you pull the ones you sent in or did you buy them?

Thanks, but to me it's not that amazing. It's one of those large box topper cards that isn't numbered or anything. I have seen these quite a few times and I think that UD just has a pile of them that they use for replacements. All of the ones that I had I pulled. The Ripkin/Schmidt was a redemption that I pulled.

Jeter was not inserted into the boxes and that one is rare. Call UD about it. Like I said above, I was told that it has a print run of less than 49. Maybe the seller was just blowing smoke, but it is sweet

~AJ

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
Jeter was not inserted into the boxes and that one is rare. Call UD about it. Like I said above, I was told that it has a print run of less than 49. Maybe the seller was just blowing smoke, but it is sweet

~AJ

they are blowing smoke, and they where inserted in boxes. I have seen like 4 end this month alone and there is one currently on ebay. They end for closer to 175-180

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I think you did ok.

I mean, it's not like the cards you sent were worth anything because of the faded autos

This thread makes me want to go buy those sweet spot sigs with the faded autos because you can get them for peanuts and return them to UD for good stuff.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
Although I am a Sox fan, I still realize what a great player that Jeter is, hence most of my hatred of him. I know that his autos are usually hard to find, but remember, back in 09, UD was dumping them into every product. At one point, every 09 Sweet Spot tin that I saw posted had a Jeter in it. To me, it just wasn't worth the same as the Ripkin/Schmidt that I sent. The rest of them, whatever, I took a shot and got hosed. I am just really curious of how they arrived at the values. And this Jeter is not a shortprint to 49, that's just smoke. I have seen lots of these over the last couple of years.

AMinors, I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. In case I can get my originals back I would need to hang onto it. If I end up getting rid of it, I will give you first shot.

Thanks,

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
jflan702 said:
Although I am a Sox fan, I still realize what a great player that Jeter is, hence most of my hatred of him. I know that his autos are usually hard to find, but remember, back in 09, UD was dumping them into every product. At one point, every 09 Sweet Spot tin that I saw posted had a Jeter in it. To me, it just wasn't worth the same as the Ripkin/Schmidt that I sent. The rest of them, whatever, I took a shot and got hosed. I am just really curious of how they arrived at the values. And this Jeter is not a shortprint to 49, that's just smoke. I have seen lots of these over the last couple of years.

AMinors, I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. In case I can get my originals back I would need to hang onto it. If I end up getting rid of it, I will give you first shot.

Thanks,

why would you want your originals back? The autos are gone

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
cgilmo said:
jflan702 said:

Thanks,

Exactly, at least the cards you have a sell-able.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
George_Calfas said:
cgilmo said:
jflan702 said:

Thanks,

Yeah, you wouldn't get $50 for all of the faded ones, what you got would sell for over $200 atleast.

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
George_Calfas said:
cgilmo said:
jflan702 said:

Thanks,

It was still a Ripkin and Schmidt dual. To me it would still have value for my collection, more than the Jeter. JMO.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
jflan702 said:
George_Calfas said:
cgilmo said:
jflan702 said:

Thanks,

It was still a Ripkin and Schmidt dual. To me it would still have value for my collection, more than the Jeter. JMO.

Sell the Jeter for $150+ and go buy a non-faded Cal/Schmidt.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
George_Calfas said:
jflan702 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":ho7f8iz3]
cgilmo said:
jflan702 said:

Thanks,

Sell the Jeter for $150+ and go buy a non-faded Cal/Schmidt.[/quote:ho7f8iz3]

Bingo.....even if they are on two different cards.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I can't stand Jeter, but I'd be pretty content with your replacements considering what you could turn the Jeter into. Plus, you don't have to look at that picture of Mike Schmidt's face anymore ;)

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
I can't stand Jeter, but I'd be pretty content with your replacements considering what you could turn the Jeter into. Plus, you don't have to look at that picture of Mike Schmidt's face anymore ;)

dude, don't hate the stache

Mike Schmidt, Chuck Norris, Tom Sellek

All Awesome

All Stached

Members online

Latest posts