Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has this happened to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have a Freeman Chrome auto on ebay with BIN/BO option. I recieved an offer of $60 and I let it sit there and was gonna check it again today due to the 48 hour offer was set to expire later today. I checked today and the buyer retracted his offer of $60 and stated entered wrong amount. I thought crap, but no big deal, maybe they went down. Then I check completed items and the last one sold at auction for $66. Just thought it was weird. They may have picked one up at a better price, who knows. Just strange that one sold for more than the offer I was given that was retracted.

~AJ

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It seems that when they offer, they are expecting your sitting at the computer and you'll be able to respond to their offer almost instantly. But if you do not and let the offer go over 24-36 hours, you are waiting to see if any more come in before you counter-offer, they sometimes they do this. I hate it but the buyer was hopping you would respond sooner.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
Maybe they thought their offer would be a steal and when they saw only a 6.00 difference in a recent sale it wasn't worth it to them.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Something else could have popped up and they didnt want to wait and take the chance that you dont accept and then they also lose out on the other item!

I had to do this earlier this week.

I put in a very fair offer of $35 on a $40 BIN/BO and it sat and sat.
Finally 8 hours before it expired (so he had the bid for 40 hours at that point), I had to retract because I had something rare pop up in my saved searches that I needed to put the funds towards.

I didnt expect to get an answer right away. But when the other item popped up, I couldnt take the chance I lose both!

I think it was my 2nd bid retraction in 10 years!

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
I've actually had a couple in past few weeks where buyer made a decent offer I was considering taking and right before I went to accept they hit the buy it now instead not wanting to risk losing out on item.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts