Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Charging full BGS 9.5 prices for RCR 9.5's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I went to a show last month and had a dealer charging full BGS 9.5 prices for his RCR's...is this a common practice in other shows etc.? What's the board's opinion on this...

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
I went to a show last month and had a dealer charging full BGS 9.5 prices for his RCR's...is this a common practice in other shows etc.? What's the board's opinion on this...

If it was subbed at that show, I'd have no problem with it. Maybe a couple dollars cheaper, but not much.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
If I were willing to pay for a BGS 9.5, I'd want a BGS 9.5, not something that I had to do work for in order for it to actually be a BGS 9.5.

jmc62190

Dec 22, 2010
Shouldn't be the same price, because it costs $5-10 just to slab it and you also have to pay shipping and insurance. So knock off $15-20 per card if buying RCR. Kind of a waste that they make you pay twice to grade something, but I guess knowing if it is a 9.5 is worth it. I also got a few 9.5's RCR that they bumped to 10's. So bottom line, knock off $15-20 off of ebay prices for slabbed cards especially if you plan on slabbing it.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jmc62190 said:
Shouldn't be the same price, because it costs $5-10 just to slab it and you also have to pay shipping and insurance. So knock off $15-20 per card if buying RCR. Kind of a waste that they make you pay twice to grade something, but I guess knowing if it is a 9.5 is worth it. I also got a few 9.5's RCR that they bumped to 10's. So bottom line, knock off $15-20 off of ebay prices for slabbed cards especially if you plan on slabbing it.

Agreed, If I have to pay another $10 to have it slabbed, I am NOT paying full slab price, not a chance in the world.

skrip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts