Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Hobby Shop In South Jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanCJW

Jan 14, 2011
Collingswood, NJ
I've been looking for the longest time for a decent card shop in South Jersey. Does anyone know of a good one in the Philly area?

I wasn't sure where to post this but I can't find any that are good. Most are overpriced with small inventories.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
RyanCJW said:
I've been looking for the longest time for a decent card shop in South Jersey. Does anyone know of a good one in the Philly area?

I wasn't sure where to post this but I can't find any that are good. Most are overpriced with small inventories.

Thanks!

Welcome to my neighborhood. :)

There is a decent shop with good guys a J&J Sportscards in Hammonton. But the prices can be a little high.

The best place I've seen for wax prices is New Concept in Medford.

There is a shop in near Philly that a friend of mine really likes. I will ask him and get the name for you.

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
RyanCJW said:

Thanks!

the other shop was Clubhouse Sports in Ridley Park, Pa.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
To bad Bob's went under in Howell , there isn't much left...a few in Brick NJ, they are thiefs tough I hate retail, I will just buy on line. I will pay extra for a good ol' Brick & Morter Shop. I just like the company..........

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Here are my local stores:
TemDee in Turnersville, NJ (decent selection, will match-or-get-close to ebay on case/box prices if you ask)
Action Video & Sportscards in West Deptford, NJ (limited selection, high'ish prices)
J&R Sportscards in Bellmawr, NJ (very limited hours; will presell for close to wholesale price)
Another one on Blackhorse Pike between Bellmawr and Blackwood (BSC?) but have never been in it, although he usually sets up at local shows with jerseys and memorabilia...
New Concept in Medford, NJ (only been to once, around 2006; disorganized shop, but found a 2002 USA Box Set for $40 that I pulled a Ryan Howard auto from)

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
There is also Dr. Wax (I think the shop is called the dugout or something - I can't remember) in Toms River, but that is more central Jerz.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
yanxchick said:
There is also Dr. Wax (I think the shop is called the dugout or something - I can't remember) in Toms River, but that is more central Jerz.

That may be the worst shop in all of NJ. If he sold dust he would be a millionaire. I went in there several times when I was in the area and he never has boxes in stock but yet his buddy's break like there is no tomorrow on youtube.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
bikerider60 said:
To bad Bob's went under in Howell , there isn't much left...a few in Brick NJ, they are thiefs tough I hate retail, I will just buy on line. I will pay extra for a good ol' Brick & Morter Shop. I just like the company..........

Bob's DID NOT go under. He moved a few blocks down. He's in the shopping center on the corner of Rt 9 & Aldrich Rd. Same shopping center as the Howell Post Office. He's got one of the best shops around.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
yanxchick said:

The Backstop. Went downhill very fast. Back in 2006-08, he had a pretty decent selection and his pack battles were always fun. I don't know what happened, but he has nothing. I don't know how he even stays in business.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
New Concepts in Medford is nice
Contes Card Castle is right near cherry hill it's small and over priced
Brads extras innings in Berlin, Over priced
There is a shop on 130 in pennsauken, Was in there once 11 years ago and he loves Connie Mack.
J&J is overpriced and is rarely open, Jim is a nice guy but he is closing shop soon.
Beachcomber in the shore mall is insanely high and they pick your packs
Tem dee isn't that bad on prices, he tends to give deals if he sees you a lot.
Top shelf in somers point is a great shop, Corey gives deals a lot and the store is the nicest LCS out there. I'm shocked sooz does not go there, Its in her neck of the woods.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
yanxchick said:
RyanCJW said:

Thanks!

the other shop was Clubhouse Sports in Ridley Park, Pa.

Clubhouse is closing or closed, Someone is going to spend a little time in Prison.

Members online

Latest posts