Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

gamedayritual fantasy baseball interest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Been checking out the site since I saw it mentioned and thought I'd see if I could get some more info than what's available before signing up. My fantasy baseball league is probably going to die out this year and I either need to find a new league or do something else so I'm looking at gamedayritual.com. From what I can see, cost is $25. Is that per season? or just a one time fee? Can you win anything if you win your league at the end of the year? If you purchase a team for $25, are you purchasing an already formed team that you then continue to run or are you starting from scratch? Is it best to get in a league that's already formed or jump in a new league? I've played fantasy baseball for the past few years and like to get into it and check daily, but I'm by no means a hardcore player. Do I need to be hardcore to be competitive in this game? It seems like there's quite a bit to manage and keep track of which could be fun, but I'm worried about it being a bit overwhelming. I'd appreciate any insite from those that have played. Post here or pm would be fine. Thanks.

Eric

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I'm a GDR veteran. I have been playign there since 2005, and now play fantasy baseball nowhere else, because it's just that much better.

I'll try to answer all of your q's...if there are any others lemme know

The $25 covers your fee to the site for one team for one year. I think it's $59 for a gold membership that allows you to play unlimited # of teams for the year. New leagues are 50% off ($99) for an entire new league for a league of between 8-16 teams. So a a league really knocks down the price. It's usually $200 for the entire league in subsequent years.

There is no prizemoney through the site. So if you want a money league you can pitch in money on the side for prizes, this is pretty common.

You can purchase an already formed team (an orphaned team) posted in teh classifieds area to join an existing league, or you can take over a totally new team in a new league, whatever you want. Typically if you join a returning league you'll have the option to "firesale" your team and wipe out all of teh contracts and get a clean slate as you start competing in that league. It's whatever you prefer. Older leagues are usually more stable with pretty small turnover and varying levels of competition. Newer leagues are likely to have lesser competition with more newbies and have more turnover for a year or two.

If you are into checking it daily, you are definitely hardcore enough to play this format. The minimum is that you check it weekly to set your lineups and tweak your roster. The more time you put in, the more you get out. The aspects like the L-R matchups and lineup bonuses son;t really require extra time input- they are just nuances of the game that make it more fun and more in depth. Of course if you have 5 lefthanded batters and face a very lefty heavy pitching staff, you coudl be at a disadvantage that week. But it's not liek you'd trade away Adrian gonzalez to make sure you're not at a slight disadvantage that one week. A balanced lineup with hitters who actually fit into a real lineup means you'll get a % advantage over your opponenent.

The free agency blitz is the best part of the game- you acquire players by offering them contracts for 1-3 years, and you get 3 no trade contracts to give out. The FAB is the most fun part of the gaem- but it may take one FAB to fully get the hang of it. SOme people have jumped right in , some people take going through one FAB and not having a plan or overacting by overpaying one player when they miss out on another guy to get the swing of it. In any event, it is really, really fun.

In one of my leagues we have two open teams I think as of right now so shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Members online

Latest posts