Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever wish you rooted for a team with a rich history for....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Collecting purposes?

Sometimes i do.

i love the New York Mets ::pauses for boos and laughter:: i cant help it, i was brainwashed into them as a child.
As you may or may not know, the Mets started in 1962. not much history there when it comes to baseball cards

i see all these fantastic T206's and 50's Topps issues and i cant help be envious in that none of them feature new york Mets

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Collecting purposes?

Sometimes i do.

i love the New York Mets ::pauses for boos and laughter:: i cant help it, i was brainwashed into them as a child.
As you may or may not know, the Mets started in 1962. not much history there when it comes to baseball cards

i see all these fantastic T206's and 50's Topps issues and i cant help be envious in that none of them feature new york Mets
Don't be afraid to start a vintage Red Sox collection, E. ;)

:::coughclosetredsoxfancough:::

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
scotty21690 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Collecting purposes?

Sometimes i do.

Don't be afraid to start a vintage Red Sox collection, E. ;)

:::coughclosetredsoxfancough:::

maybe seeing your sig in proper slabbage will convince me....MAYBE ;)

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Just move to Baltimore and that will do the trick. Worked for me.

So long, stupid Astros! Thanks for the 2005 World Series! Watched it my first week in Baltimore and became an Orioles fan then and there.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Hooper was actually $180 shipped, and Lewis I believe was $80, but not entirely sure. I am content with those prices...especially because I now have the Million Dollar Outfield complete. :)

The good thing is, E.....is that you could actually buy whatever pre 62' cards you want and go from there. Maybe buy the nicest looking ones that fit in your budget. Although I totally understand wanting to just go after cards from one team. If you ever do decide to take the prewar vintage plunge, let me know and I will lead you in the right direction. :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have the Twins, of course... but I am a fan of all MN baseball... so there is a lot there. Especially the Gophers... even though there are only a handful of cards for the Gophers, their history runs waaaaaay back. I

Our town's highschool team goes way back too... nothing there to collect, but it's still fun to learn about, and to be a part off. We won our first ever game with like 100 points... apparently the rules back then were if you hit a home run, each player would run the bases until they found the ball. The ball was in a cornfield.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
No...my team's history is good enough for me. And thankfully...I've been alive for most of the events they have partaken in of any importance. But...its also cool because I also like baseball enough to where I'll watch any game and any team. So I just get my fill with their history.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It's great collecting (well, in my case a niche sub-collection since I"m primarily a set collector), because there hasn't been time for the players coming through to become hall of famers and see the value of their prime stuff hit the hundreds or thousands of dollars. It's very affordable to collect the local team stuff because of a lack of history so far and presumably easy to flip for a great profit anything of significance when I'm ready to sell and the players whose stuff I'm selling has become well established or even a hall of famer.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I sort of have the opposite position, I like that the Twins have only been around since 65. For example I'm doing a autograph bat project with minnesota born twins. Two have already passed but I can potentially get it close to complete and pick up some cuts for the other two guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts