Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Friday - February 25, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Good morning.

The Altoona Curve now have one of the lamest logos in the MiLB. It's just too cartoony for my liking. It reminds me of something from a generic video game or the preset logos for making a custom team in a video game.

155711_462941011891_90684881891_6127370_5628989_n.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

Bought one of those 9.99 Topps Walmart 72 ct. boxes. Not as good as hyped, but OK...

and I agree with everyone who said how nice those Diamond Ann. cards look in-hand. Real sweet looking!

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I have never heard CJ Spiller - The endzone filler before, but I like it
$(KGrHqF,!i8E1M8eI)g4BNZwzC6t8Q~~_12.jpg

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The seller who had the Darrelle Revis "Welcome to Revis Island" pulled the auction. :evil:

I doubt that I would've went after it anyways, but it would've given me a gauge on how much the next few will sell for.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I was reading through the Babe Ruth cut thread and it got me thinking... Wouldn't it be cool if FCB did their own cut auto set?

With the connections FCB has and the amazing designers that are right here on this site, FCB could make a set that would rival stuff like Tristar and that In Memory Of crap easily. It wouldn't have to be a huge national release just an in house deal like for singles on ebay, contests that give them away etc. I'm sure there would be more than enough cut autos donated by board members to do like a 300 card set all numbered to 1/1.

Just a thought.

kcgranola

Jan 31, 2009
deceptikon1978 said:
I was reading through the Babe Ruth cut thread and it got me thinking... Wouldn't it be cool if FCB did their own cut auto set?

With the connections FCB has and the amazing designers that are right here on this site, FCB could make a set that would rival stuff like Tristar and that In Memory Of crap easily. It wouldn't have to be a huge national release just an in house deal like for singles on ebay, contests that give them away etc. I'm sure there would be more than enough cut autos donated by board members to do like a 300 card set all numbered to 1/1.

Just a thought.

Great idea

I know if there was a Derrick Thomas cut 1 of 1 made I would buy it

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
What's up? :) Yep, I'm posting before noon again. No real surprise though.

Knowing doesn't bother me, not knowing bothers me. I never get a phone call from my sister-in-law at 9:30 in the morning. So when she calls, I think something went wrong. My wife dropped my car off at her house this morning so my sister's boyfriend could do the inspection. But, it needs some work to pass.

Information I would have liked to know so I wasn't frantic thinking my wife got hurt at work again or something happened to my mother-in-law. :x

PetestillRose

Jan 6, 2011
Brad said:
I have never heard CJ Spiller - The endzone filler before, but I like it
$(KGrHqF,!i8E1M8eI)g4BNZwzC6t8Q~~_12.jpg

Morning everybody.

That surprises me, I remember watching some thing about the rookies before the draft where he kept referring to himself as Ricky Bobby. (He just go fast) so I figured he'd sign that. Only other thing i remember is that Gilyard may have lived in his car for a while, but he had a sweet black Camaro when it was shot.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
PhillyPuckNut said:

Knowing doesn't bother me, not knowing bothers me. I never get a phone call from my sister-in-law at 9:30 in the morning. So when she calls, I think something went wrong. My wife dropped my car off at her house this morning so my sister's boyfriend could do the inspection. But, it needs some work to pass.

Information I would have liked to know so I wasn't frantic thinking my wife got hurt at work again or something happened to my mother-in-law. :x

I know how that goes. The other day we came home to like 10 missed calls from my brother in law and his wife. We don't hear from them much so me and my wife are both trying to call them thinking something bad happened. Turns out it was their youngest son just calling to talk to one of my kids
:benson:

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
deceptikon1978 said:
PhillyPuckNut said:

I know how that goes. The other day we came home to like 10 missed calls from my brother in law and his wife. We don't hear from them much so me and my wife are both trying to call them thinking something bad happened. Turns out it was their youngest son just calling to talk to one of my kids
:benson:
Had to get the windshield replaced yesterday to the tune of $237.50. At least today I only have to pay for parts. An upper control arm and sway bar link that'll run $103 + tax. That's gonna dip into my LCS money today.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Morning, been at the dealer for about an hour waiting on an oil change. So I took the opportunity to drop a deuce in their bathroom. Smelled pretty bad.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Shoutout to Zeeck. I sent him a PM this mronign about some PSA populations. He gave me some great info.

The pop is still 1 on this so I hit the BIN
!B-zT)4QBGk~$(KGrHqN,!k8Ey+jC1vh8BM9t6BtsVQ~~0_3.jpg

Also gave me some great info on some rookies I would like to pick up if they ever hit ebay.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I know we have some Josh McRoberts fans/collectors here. What the hell does that say about OJ Mayo that he was nearly traded for that guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.