Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally "Got with the program" and got an Ebay&Paypal Acount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Buy some smaller items you want to start building up feedback before selling. Give free shipping and fast shipping when you start selling.
You can't buy everything you want or see to start with :oops:
The "not go bankrupt" might be the best advice of all!
DANNY

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
Use Big Crumbs. to get money back on your purchases. If I remember correct, you get back 36% of the sellers fees. So if it cost a seller $10 to sell an item, you get $3.60 back.

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
Definitely buy a few low dollar items and try to get your feedback up before selling. Start by selling low dollar items. Free shipping isn't a must, but you need to keep it reasonable and realize that it is a gamble these days to not offer free shipping. The $3.00 or $2.00 first card .50 each additional has been somewhat effective in keeping down 1/2 DSRs. Make sure to buy a case of bubble mailers on ebay (should be about 10 cents each). Print your shipping using paypal and it automatically puts the tracking information in ebay (keeps customers from wondering where their item is). Most effective method of shipping is to sandwhich your cards between two pieces of cardboard or wrapped in additional bubble wrap inside the mailer.

Ordering supplies is one good method of getting your feedback up. I'd order from different sellers though instead of all from one seller. Ebay won't count the transactions separate if all from one seller at the same time.

Make sure your paypal address is verified.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
You will soon see just how much there is available, and that you wish you had more money to buy it all. Have fun and enjoy :D

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
RandomH said:
Dumb Question: When printing a paypal label, do you need to have that special printing paper in? Or can I print it on a regular piece of paper and then clear tape it on the mailer?

You can just tape it to the mailer... and another word of advice if you auction off stuff, try to end the item on a Sunday night.

So your location is Roselle and in Il?

RandomH

chashawk said:
USPS 1st Class Mail - best way to go

Used to live in Roselle about 10 years ago, right by Lynfred Winery

Nice, I'm down by the High School.

To make myself sound even dumber, I assume USPS 1st Class = printing a paypal label, slapping it on, going to the post office paying the shipping fee and then waiting for it to get sent?

Another Q: Is having a paypal shipping address label and having DC the same thing? Or do I have to go get DC at the post office?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just unaware.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
RandomH said:
chashawk said:

To make myself sound even dumber, I assume USPS 1st Class = printing a paypal label, slapping it on, going to the post office paying the shipping fee and then waiting for it to get sent?

Another Q: Is having a paypal shipping address label and having DC the same thing? Or do I have to go get DC at the post office?

No, you print and pay for the label and DC using paypal. The DC is MUCH cheaper this way.

Then you just drop it off at the P.O. or throw it in your mail box for your postal carrier to pick up.

Once you print the label, it's ready to go. Just make sure you cover the whole label with tape, otherwise it can get wet or be torn off.
I use duck brand clear packing tape. If you plan on selling a lot, it's worth it to get some labels.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
chashawk said:
RandomH said:
chashawk said:

No, you print and pay for the label and DC using paypal. The DC is MUCH cheaper this way.

Then you just drop it off at the P.O. or throw it in your mail box for your postal carrier to pick up.

Once you print the label, it's ready to go. Just make sure you cover the whole label with tape, otherwise it can get wet or be torn off.
I use duck brand clear packing tape. If you plan on selling a lot, it's worth it to get some labels.
Yes, look into half sheet self adhesive labels, 2 per sheet. You can usually pick up 200 for around $10. They also warn against tape across the barcode, doing so may make it unable to be scanned by the PO. And I would just wait on selling until your feedback is around 25. I started out buying low cost items to build up feedback in the beginning. Good luck!

RandomH

Small world with the Roselle stuff.

Another dumb dumb dumb question: My paypal balance says it's zero, but it's connected to my checking account where I have funds. I assume that when you build paypal up and you purchase something it takes away from the balance and if youre lacking it takes away from your bank account correct?

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
RandomH said:
Small world with the Roselle stuff.

Another dumb dumb dumb question: My paypal balance says it's zero, but it's connected to my checking account where I have funds. I assume that when you build paypal up and you purchase something it takes away from the balance and if youre lacking it takes away from your bank account correct?

If that's how you set it up, or you could set it up to take from a credit card as well.

Members online

Latest posts