Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Look: 2011 Ginter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
Kudos to Topps for getting Manny Pacquiao into the auto set! That will be a HUGE pull

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
autos/relics look fantastic with the blue border!

base cards do not even look like A&G however.

ToppsAllenGinterMcEnroeAuto.jpg ToppsAllenGinterBaseHamilton.jpg

easily the ugliest base cards in Ginter's short history. gold bordering and all that crap at the bottom takes away from the appeal of these cards.

A_Pharis

I like it.

I just hope their editing is consistent.

Look at the Manny auto. See how his elbow is cut off on the left side at the red line? Looking at the other examples, none of them are chopped off there.

Also, are the state relics die-cut?

The booklets look amazing as always.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
"along with diecut cabinet cards that form a map of the United States". Unless they are super-rare, or even if they are, I'm betting they will be the surprise chase set. Who wouldn't want to make that map? The big states like Texas, California, New York, or Illinois will have lots of people chasing them. I wonder how they do Hawaii or Alaska? How many Rhode Islands will be thrown out as scrap?

A_Pharis

smapdi said:
"along with diecut cabinet cards that form a map of the United States". Unless they are super-rare, or even if they are, I'm betting they will be the surprise chase set. Who wouldn't want to make that map? The big states like Texas, California, New York, or Illinois will have lots of people chasing them. I wonder how they do Hawaii or Alaska? How many Rhode Islands will be thrown out as scrap?

Louisiana will be miiinnnneeeeeee..... *clenches fist and draws it to his chest*

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Loongoria

Come on, Beckett, learn how to spell.

The base set looks atrocious. Everything else looks awesome

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
AAAAWWWW snap, Mauer finally gets a Ginter auto? Im going to be all over that like Charlie Sheen on a mountain of coke.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Could that Josh Hamilton be an insert set and not the base set? Man that hurts the eyes!

Kevin

jebarringer

Jan 4, 2010
tonsofcommons said:
Is that card for the snapdragon a seed packet? It says to "Watch it grow."
I've seen business cards that have seeds embedded in the cardstock that the card was printed on. You basically just put the whole card in the ground and it'll grow flowers of some sort. The grain and color of that type of business card looks similar to that of the Flora of the World cards. What I'm wondering is if the seeds in the cardstock are those of the flower featured on the card.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
"Holy cannoli, you're John McEnroe!"

Looks great, the blue bordered autos look a heck of a lot better than the red ones...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If the Hamilton is indeed a base card, it isn't that bad. Everyone is just used to border-less. They should've stuck with their original plan and stayed border-less, but it's not godawful ugly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts