Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone remember/still use this site? (SimSports)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Was cleaning out my Photobucket and had a screenshot from http://www.whatifsports.com showing the MLB SimMatchup, must have been 2-3 years since I have been on it.

simmatchup1.jpg

SimMatchup

Anyone who hasn't heard of it you can choose any team any year and the site will actually simulate a game and show play by play stats and scores. It's pretty neat. I believe you can edit your lineup and change your starting pitchers as well. Pretty dang cool if you ask me :)

Post up any results you guys get! (Make sure you allow popups from this site, or else nothing will happen when you sim)

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
I used to go to that site all the time back when I was in college and needed a late night distraction from papers and studying. But like you havent been on there in ages and looks like they have become a much bigger site as well, with paid content and such. Ill be interested to see what the dynasty mode entails. Great find Scotty.

Thanks,
Jeff

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Doerrcollector said:
I used to go to that site all the time back when I was in college and needed a late night distraction from papers and studying. But like you havent been on there in ages and looks like they have become a much bigger site as well, with paid content and such. Ill be interested to see what the dynasty mode entails. Great find Scotty.

Thanks,
Jeff
Geez Jeff, I would have posted this a while ago if I knew it would get you out of hibernation! ;)

Yeah I had a lot of random stuff posted in my PB, and came across this and had to see if the site was still up and running...they have done quite a bit since I last saw it. Pretty fun.

By the way, I have a couple Bobby Doerr cards incomming, thought I'd let ya know in case I don't see you around again.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
scotty21690 said:
Geez Jeff, I would have posted this a while ago if I knew it would get you out of hibernation! ;)

Yeah I had a lot of random stuff posted in my PB, and came across this and had to see if the site was still up and running...they have done quite a bit since I last saw it. Pretty fun.

By the way, I have a couple Bobby Doerr cards incomming, thought I'd let ya know in case I don't see you around again.

I know buddy-it has been a while. My job unfortunately demands around 70-80 hours a week from me right now, and non of that is spent in front of a computer, so it doesnt allow for much time to get on here as I would like. Im basically in the mode of going to work, coming home to eat and then go to bed cause I am too exhausted to do anything else. Its not an ideal life, but something has to pay the bills and feed the habit.

I still search ebay weekly (from my phone--cant really do that for this site) and havent seen much that has jumped out. What cards do you have incoming buddy?

Thanks,
Jeff

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Suck it, Yankees! :lol:

I took the Red Sox best seasonal W% (Won WS) and put them up against the Yankees best seasonal W% (Won WS) at Fenway Park....and my Red Sox took the victory!

redsoxyankees.png

Smokey Joe Wood pitched a GEM! (and hit a 2 run HR! Was actually a very good hitting pitcher) CG SHO 4H 0BB 2K...Speaker, Gardner, Stahl, and Yerkes all with 2 hits. It's ridiculous how in depth they go in these sims with play by play and the whole 9 yards.

Babe Ruth held to 1 hit, and Gehrig hitless. :)

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
I used to love WIS. I did pay leagues where you select players based on salary and a salary cap, and simulated whole seasons against others...it's like historical fantasy baseball. Good times. It's gotten much more advance for sure. Highly suggest for those who like fantasy baseball...but don't get frustrated as it takes a while to understand the nuances to building and managing a good team.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
GLOD J.Adcock crushes a solo homer down the leftfield line.

"SUCK IT 1961 Yankees!" - Sincerely, 1961 Milwaukee Braves
Nice!

Did the 40 year old Spahn pitch a gem??

Members online

Latest posts