Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just snagged this tonight at a local auction house...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Any ideas or help on a value? I will disclose what I paid if somebody can help with a value.

here is a letter that came with the item I was really after. I guess it would be a COA sorta..?

Williamsautoletter.jpg

And the reason I went to the auction
TedWilliamsauto.jpg

I am guess that these are NOT rare, but still I got a Ted Williams auto. I was afraid to pay to much just incase it is fake, still don't know 100% if it is legit, but looks good to me and for what it is and where it came from Im not to worried.

Any thoughts, suggestions??

Thanks

~AJ

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
I've seen those for sale on Ebay before. They're not rare, but the market is not exactly flooded with them. I do believe the signature is 100% authentic and I would put it in the $150+- range.

If you were able to purchase it for $100 or less, you got yourself a pretty good deal. That's a neat item for the Ted Williams collector.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The only thing I would worry about with it is if his son signed it. I know he did a lot of fakes.

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
beefycheddar said:
The only thing I would worry about with it is if his son signed it. I know he did a lot of fakes.

It's funny, I've read that a lot, but have yet to see one item that was thought to be signed by his son.

*Edited to add*

Here's one for sale on Ebay right now. The signature is not in the same spot, I do believe each dealer certificate is original and signed by Ted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TED-WILLIAMS-CARD-C ... 53e39ad73a

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Tedw9 said:
beefycheddar said:

It's funny, I've read that a lot, but have yet to see one item that was thought to be signed by his son.

*Edited to add*

Here's one for sale on Ebay right now. The signature is not in the same spot, I do believe each dealer certificate is original and signed by Ted.

Signature not in the same spot? Are you saying that mine looks different than the one on ebay? Cause it looks the same to me.

Is the general opinion that it is a real autograph?

And to another post, I do not believe these came in boxes. I have the envelope it came in and it is addressed to a shop. Also came with a flier advertising a new release of the Roger Staubach Football set. I believe these were sent to hobby shops. That and the letter that came with it lead me to believe that it is in fact a legit signature.

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Tedw9 said:
I've seen those for sale on Ebay before. They're not rare, but the market is not exactly flooded with them. I do believe the signature is 100% authentic and I would put it in the $150+- range.

If you were able to purchase it for $100 or less, you got yourself a pretty good deal. That's a neat item for the Ted Williams collector.

Well I have seen $150-$200, $125-$175 and $150+...

As if I was able to purchase it for $100 or less...

How does $21.25 out the door grab you? Bidding started at $10 with me, next was $15 and I won with $20. I was excited and totally shocked that the bidding was over with me at $20. Last time I went there to buy a vintage auto the Satchel Paige ball sold for $600..So getting this for $21.25 totally made my week!

~AJ

Tedw9

Apr 1, 2010
ajbraves25 said:
Tedw9 said:
beefycheddar said:

*Edited to add*

Signature not in the same spot? Are you saying that mine looks different than the one on ebay? Cause it looks the same to me.

Is the general opinion that it is a real autograph?

And to another post, I do not believe these came in boxes. I have the envelope it came in and it is addressed to a shop. Also came with a flier advertising a new release of the Roger Staubach Football set. I believe these were sent to hobby shops. That and the letter that came with it lead me to believe that it is in fact a legit signature.

~AJ

Not in the same spot as in saying it's not a preprint, saying it's real. If it were a preprint, it would look the exact same in the exact same spot each and every time.

Now the price you paid, WOW!!! Congrats!!!! :eek:

You didn't buy it, you STOLE it! I would gladly double your money for it. :mrgreen:

Very nice pickup, awesome score. It's not every day you can get a legit Ted Williams autograph for $21.25.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
ajbraves25 said:

I think he meant the signature isn't "exactly" the same, ie position, stroke, etc. This means it's unlikely it was preprinted or autopenned.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Thanks for the comments. I am still happy. Now to find the custom cut maker here and see what he can do for me. Signature may be to long for him though. Anyone know who it is that makes the custom cuts here?

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
tonsofcommons said:
I called the authorities and reported you for theft!

WOW!

Congrats. Dumb other bidder!

Do you still want the Maddux Pacific cards I got at my last show? Pics in my bucket. PM me if interested.

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
That has a 200lb cut card written all over it!!! :shock:

I just checked to see if his auto would fit on a standard sized card and it is to long. Sucks, don't know what to do with it now. I wouldn't even fit into a PSA holder. I laid one on top of the auto and it just barely fits. I was really wanting to make a cut out of it, but back to he drawing board now.

:(

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts