Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Think Topps would consider this mis-cut?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

miscutjacquez.jpg

I won this card on eBay (received today). It wasn't the same Jacquez as what was pictured, but if it's miscut it doesn't really matter because Topps should replace it, right?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
it is but topps won't replace it unless you have a receipt and the packaging. your best bet is to return it to the seller.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think they've stated that they'd replace cards if the player's picture were cut off, I don't think the design elements count.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Replace it? I think that is awesome! I would much rather have that unique copy over a perfectly centered one anyday....maybe that is just me. :?

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
marterburn said:
I won this card on eBay (received today). It wasn't the same Jacquez as what was pictured, but if it's miscut it doesn't really matter because Topps should replace it, right?
That's a negative in my book.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
IndyMann said:
marterburn said:

Whoa! I looked at TNT and that's crazy. I haven't bought from them in, I dunno a year, and they've really started getting dinged. They've sent me the wrong cards a couple of times but they've always made good.

It is only a buck fitty. Might as well getcha money back.

marterburn

IndyMann said:
marterburn said:

Well, in the seller's defense they are a mass seller. I was aware that they have the reputation of doing this, but not really so much for low numbered cards such as this one.

I need to work something out with them because returning the card would result in my losing my ass in shipping cost (relative to the cost of the card). I bought 9 of these gold refractors together from this seller, and all told shipping was 0.33 each.

marterburn

pigskincardboard said:
IndyMann said:
marterburn said:

Whoa! I looked at TNT and that's crazy. I haven't bought from them in, I dunno a year, and they've really started getting dinged. They've sent me the wrong cards a couple of times but they've always made good.

It is only a buck fitty. Might as well getcha money back.

yep, it was TNT. Didn't want to call them out specifically, but I'll confirm it.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
TNT sucks. They offer combines shipping on multiple auctions but they take days to send you an accurate invoice. A few times I bought a bunch of stuff from them and it took a them almost a week send an invoice. They cant even be bothered to use soft sleeves. Those god dam tamper proof seals they put on the top loaders suck too. They f up the loader and twice the seal came off in transit and stuck to the cards a ruined them. They f up orders all the time and it doesn't help that they are impossible to contact. If you have any problem with TNT your SOL.

I recently bought a large number of cards of one player from burbank. When I got the package I noticed that half the cards were of the wrong player. I called them and within 5 minutes they fixed the problem and told me they would have the correct cards in the mail that same day.

High volume sellers are bound to make mistakes. TNT seems overwhelmed by the amount of business they do and make no effort to fix problems. If the price was drastically lower than other sellers I would still buy from TNT but it always feels like a gamble with those clowns.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts