Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USA Autos of 2011 Draft Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
As you know, I'm a relatively experienced prospector but the one area I have not been able to grasp fully is the cards of potential draft picks. When do you sell?

Do you sell before the draft (now)? A few days before or after the draft? Or after the draft entirely (when you know which teams drafted them)?

What is your strategy for guys like (Springer, Bradley, Delmonico etc.)?

Thanks! :D

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
As you know, I'm a relatively experienced prospector but the one area I have not been able to grasp fully is the cards of potential draft picks. When do you sell?

Do you sell before the draft (now)? A few days before or after the draft? Or after the draft entirely (when you know which teams drafted them)?

What is your strategy for guys like (Springer, Bradley, Delmonico etc.)?

Thanks! :D

Depends on what you paid and what the market is dictating. All players are different just gotta watch the market.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
You are asking about the unknown. With UD products only available in the past, it was easy to decide for me, sell early. IMO, the same holds true until proven otherwise. Until someone's USA Chrome clears better margins after the MLB release, I will sell early.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I wonder how popular the USA Chrome autos will be when the player gets a "Prospect" Chrome Auto. Which will be the better card?

The Prospect Chrome auto. I'd be willing to bet on it.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I wonder how popular the USA Chrome autos will be when the player gets a "Prospect" Chrome Auto. Which will be the better card?

It's hard to guarantee though, there was a time that the USA was the biggest card. McGwire is the biggest example, but Jim Abbott, Nomar, Robin Ventura, Varitek and others were very popular. I think them being in main stream brands will strengthen them in the long run and give better ROI than Chrome autos in MLB uniforms.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Matt purke hype has been strong lately. I sold my 08 UD USA gu/auto /10 for $60 a couple months ago. I know he won't have more autos for a while but it felt right seeing as through his stuff was selling well.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
beefycheddar said:
aminors said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

It's hard to guarantee though, there was a time that the USA was the biggest card. McGwire is the biggest example, but Jim Abbott, Nomar, Robin Ventura, Varitek and others were very popular. I think them being in main stream brands will strengthen them in the long run and give better ROI than Chrome autos in MLB uniforms.

And even more recently, Aroldis Chapman's WBC card was his best seller before he had autographs, even though his first prospect card was a better looking card IMO.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Hmm...thanks for the input guys. I think I'm leaning towards just selling anyone that becomes "hot" as long as I make a decent profit and not worry about possible future increases (if any!). :D

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Messier2 said:
Hmm...thanks for the input guys. I think I'm leaning towards just selling anyone that becomes "hot" as long as I make a decent profit and not worry about possible future increases (if any!). :D

Based on the last sales, I could make a very nice profit on some Starling stuff I picked up a few months back, but the thing that's keeping me from selling is that there's really not a whole lot between now and draft time that would make his stuff go down in value unless he just has a terrible senior year. Otherwise, I see Bubba and most of the top draft pick guys getting more and more hype as draft day comes nearer.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Messier2 said:

Based on the last sales, I could make a very nice profit on some Starling stuff I picked up a few months back, but the thing that's keeping me from selling is that there's really not a whole lot between now and draft time that would make his stuff go down in value unless he just has a terrible senior year. Otherwise, I see Bubba and most of the top draft pick guys getting more and more hype as draft day comes nearer.

Is there anything else besides those manufactured patch cards in Bowman?

Members online

Latest posts