Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Embarking on a new adventure (shocking, i know)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Those that know me know that i change my mind a lot lol well, ive decided to embark on a rather long journey. One that is neither financially smart or sane in my opinion. But what the heck, right? lol

Staying with my 80's phaze, ive decided to build Complete Sets in sheets/binders, starting with Topps from the 80s, possibly pushing forward until 1991, when wax (and gum) packs were discontinued. Eventually working my way backawards i suppose.

That sounds easy enough Eric, wtf are you rambling about then? thats what you might be thinking.

Well, i have an added twist with this focus. i want the best centered and in registration (that means focus incase you didnt know) card that i can find to represent each card in the set, and the traded set as well. THAT is where My Focus will make it challenging. Because of course, everything after 1985 Topps is readily available and pretty affordable and for the most part, under two cents a card delivered. its just a matter of finding the best copy that will make the final cut.

so yes, i am crazy, but what the heck right? only live once.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has input. can never learn too much. i like to learn new things everyday if i can.

Ryan Unacceptable, Ozzie Acceptable
81ToppsExample.jpg

Acceptable:
2upresize.asp

Unacceptable:
2upresize.asp

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Input... sure. I think you are nuts.

:) lol

Good luck with it!!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Damn E, your collecting habbits shift more than the Earth here in Japan...

Seriously though, love the new goal! I'll help you out if I come across some nice looking stuff from that period.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
WOW What a journey that is going to be!! I have a few sets from the 80's...

Craigslist1.jpg
Craigslist2.jpg
Craigslist3.jpg
Craigslist4.jpg

Craigslist5.jpg

Let me know if you want any of them....we can work something out. I am sure..

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Eric you have too many adventures.Take a day trip up to my house and I am sure I can hook you up with all the sets you want.I just cracked some vending from 81,83,84,92, and 93.Let me know if you need upgrades.
Mike

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I would gladly hook you up with any 80's wax or even singles if I had any. Alas, I don't. So I'll just have to root you on from afar. :D

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Ty Hope said:
Damn E, your collecting habbits shift more than the Earth here in Japan...

Seriously though, love the new goal! I'll help you out if I come across some nice looking stuff from that period.

too soon

:lol:

...Whatever floats your boat man!

I went from prospecting to collecting HOF stuff and vintage along with 80's and 90's sets and oddball stuff so I know exactly how you feel and it all depends on what you like man!

I even busted some of my old packs to see if I could pull any Bonds/Mac/Sosa/Grace rc's there were suitable for grading!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
That's just what you need, Big E.......another iron in the fire.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help and good luck!!!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Id be more than happy to help, i have about 1500 commons and some minor stars that were pulled from rack packs and alot are nm/mt to mint. Let me know if you need any.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
JEEEZ! Make late 80's set in psa slabs why dont you! wait I dont want to give you any other ideas.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Good luck Eric! You should be able to find one "clean" set from each case. I agree, 1991 is a logical place to stop, it was the last set to have plain brown backs as well, after that Topps started making the backs glossy.

I am the same way, I seem to pick up a new project every year.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
alexs64 said:
WOW What a journey that is going to be!! I have a few sets from the 80's...

Craigslist1.jpg
Craigslist2.jpg
Craigslist3.jpg
Craigslist4.jpg

Craigslist5.jpg

Let me know if you want any of them....we can work something out. I am sure..

Love the art on the end of the boxes

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Eric if there's anything you need let me know. I have bought some mid to late 80's lots off craigs list and have another guy down here that has vending boxes of 87 through 89 for 2$ a box

Members online

Latest posts