Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So it happened "Sorry card is lost"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
So I purchase a Bob Gibson auto on 13 March and pay asap. Yesterday I get a message "I can refund your money; I cant find the card" I reply "Take your time, I need the card"

Today, boom refund with a note "Sorry card must be lost, God Bless"

The card was a failed flip
-Their purchase [ebay:hu6ju1zk]300520692620[/ebay:hu6ju1zk]
-My purchase [ebay:hu6ju1zk]290541898539[/ebay:hu6ju1zk]

Gut reaction is ebay message telling them to "keep looking" or "N-Bomb"

Comments?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
drop a negative that would do more than asking to keep looking. We both know it will turn up in a month on the same account, leaving a negative would sure make me look again and again.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Should have added......could the seller be truthful? The scan is from the first auction and a lot of trouble for $5.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Tough call... it's hard to imagine losing a card in under a month.

Then again, there was a time when I was buying so many cards that if I didn't receive one, it would slip right past me. Maybe he never got it from the original seller? Of course... why did he list it?

Nah, he's lying.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
You shouldn't be selling something you do not know the whereabouts of are. Neg. him.

Is that proper grammar?

Is that proper spelling of grammar?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Neutral him or leave nothing and move on bud. I say Neutral for the simple fact that he could be telling the truth. I would lean more toward him not telling the truth but then again crazier ebay experience have happened and end up comming out as someone was telling the truth. Atleast he quickly refunded payment and dint leave you to wonder why the card has not arrived yet. Good luck bud!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I sold an item on ebay a while back that I knew exactly where it was...until I went to ship it.

The item was gone and no one knew (or still knows) where it went.

I had just moved, so I had alot of people going in and out of my house and my guess is that it got stolen.

Sometimes **** does happen. Not everyone is a lying scumbag but on this board, that seems to be the majority of topics: people getting screwed on eBay, so we forget sometimes that stuff can actually happen.

You got the money back, which is more than some can say. Is the situation right? No.

I would ask him to keep looking and see what he says.

Remember, you can wait on giving fb and see if in a week or two he relists, then neg him. If he doesnt after a while, just neutral it or not leave anything

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
George_Calfas said:
So I purchase a Bob Gibson auto on 13 March and pay asap. Yesterday I get a message "I can refund your money; I cant find the card" I reply "Take your time, I need the card"

Today, boom refund with a note "Sorry card must be lost, God Bless"

The card was a failed flip
-Their purchase [ebay:3h5xy81p]300520692620[/ebay:3h5xy81p]
-My purchase [ebay:3h5xy81p]290541898539[/ebay:3h5xy81p]

Gut reaction is ebay message telling them to "keep looking" or "N-Bomb"

Comments?

I've done this a couple of times recently.

Tell him you want the card and then refuse his request to cancel. The file with PP, get your money back and leave a neg. Last time, the card magically appeared...

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
I'd say give the seller the benefit of the doubt and don't neg as I'm sure there's been a situation involving cards where you've been less than truthful at some point. :cool: It's just Karma.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
That's unfortunate. Depending on how badly you want the card, maybe offer a bit more? It'd be interesteding to see what their reaction would be if you sent them a note to say...

"That's too bad that it's lost. I was ready to pay $50 for that card. Do you think it's possible you'll find it?"

If he finds it, he can't exactly ask you for the additional $ since the messages are through eBay.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Sorry, I would give him a negative regardless of he is telling the truth or not. Just because you refund someone and say the card is lost does not make the situation right. You offered something for sale and you failed to hold up to your end of the agreement, so you deserve a negative. Not the end of the world obviously for the seller, but it should at the very least make the seller think twice the next time they list an item.

Either way, I think the seller is lying. The evidence clearly shows a failed flip and seller regret.

Members online

Latest posts