Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starlin Castro - Flexing + Bashing. Live from Mesa, Az

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Took a quick trip with the wife to scottsdale to see my folks and are heading to the cubs today, giants tommorow, and the rockies un sunday before grabbing the red eye back to chicago.

Absolutrly perfect day for a game.

Starlin just hit an absolute missile 410-420 foot line drive home run. Nothing like seeing your favorite player and prospect perform in person.

And for those opf you who don't think he will hit for power, I will take that bet. He is at least an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier than opening day last season. And at just 20, he is going to keep growing and adding power.

Anyways, great day at the park! Go cubs!

Skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
James52411 said:
Sounds like you had a great time at the ol' ball game. Thanks for the good news!

The good news - aramis looks very good, healthy and swinging well

Bad news - carlos silva is going to get cut. He looks down right terrible. Russel or cashner should grab the 5th starter spot.

Skrip

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
ballerskrip said:
James52411 said:
Sounds like you had a great time at the ol' ball game. Thanks for the good news!

Bad news - carlos silva is going to get cut. He looks down right terrible. Russel or cashner should grab the 5th starter spot.

Skrip

I don't consider that bad news, though I feel a little bad for Silva. I'd like to see Cashner get the shot, though Casey Coleman impressed me late last year. Is he still in the running?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
James52411 said:
ballerskrip said:
James52411 said:

Skrip

I don't consider that bad news, though I feel a little bad for Silva. I'd like to see Cashner get the shot, though Casey Coleman impressed me late last year. Is he still in the running?

Silva got absolutely CRUSHED today, 8 runs in 3 innings. I do think Coleman is in the running. They have been fairly quiet about the whole situation.

skrip

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Ya rough game for Z, so I was relieved to see the Castro home run! I think Wells and Cashner should grab the last two spots, and the Cubs' rotation will do well this year.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I hope you are right Skrip, I drafted Castro this year in FBB. I also drafted Ackley, Belt and Jesus Montero. Hopefully all of my sleepers pan out.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I say good riddance to Silva, despite last years wins.

Glad you had a good time Matt

James - the left side of your sig makes me cry a little each time I see it.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
chashawk said:
I say good riddance to Silva, despite last years wins.

Glad you had a good time Matt

James - the left side of your sig makes me cry a little each time I see it.

If I ever need to move it, you'll get first crack. ;)

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Off to see the Giants and Royals. Should be a ton of fun.

Hoping that Moustakas/Hosmer/Belt/Posey all play today

skrip

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Hosmer and Moustakas were assigned to the Minor Leagues on Wednesday.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
dutchj16 said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Hosmer and Moustakas were assigned to the Minor Leagues on Wednesday.

You would be correct

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
shayscards79 said:
dutchj16 said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

You would be correct

Yep, they weren't there sadly.

Well played game. Did get to see an aaron crow vs brandon belt matchup in the the 8th. Beautiful day for a game!

I have a few giants stories I will recap when I am off my blackberry and back to a computer.

Tommorow - rockies vs Angels

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Pine Tar said:
Who is this Castro kid you speak of. ;)
Fidel-Castro_article.jpg

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
What a great trip. Saw rockies vs angels at the new stadium. It was awesome. Tulo hit two bombs his first 2 at bats.

Great trip! Unfortunately took the red eye back and got two hours sleep before meetings all day today. Fianlly on the train back home....ehhhh

Skrip