Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Heritage Tint and Sparkle SPs: Parallels or Variations?

Are Topps Sparkle SP and Heritage Tint SPs parallels, or variations of the base?

• Parallel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I can't decide what to call these two...

I consider the base cards plus all the variations as part of the complete team set. I have included cards like the Legends SP, Pie in the Face SP, Jeter/Red Sox, or Joba Astros/Reverse Image SPs on my team checklists. But all of these had different images than the original base card and so they were clearly variations (and not parallels) in my view.

This year, however Topps has created base variations which use the same picture but feature a sparkle or a difference is the background tint. I am not sure what to consider these? The color tint variations remind me of the Topps Cracker Jack which had blue/grey background parallels. So I am leaning towards considering them as parallels. I feel the same way about the Topps Sparkle SPs that feature the same pictures as the base cards.

These two subsets look very much like a parallel set but are are technically listed as "variations" because parallel would need to parallel the entire base set. Anyway, I have been going back and forth on this matter, still haven't made up my mind. Want to see what others though and would appreciate any input as to what to call these.

2011 Topps Heritage Sparkle
!CFInt(QBGk~$(KGrHqV,!lkE1F3,JnOiBNUIKRknM!~~_3.jpg

2011 Topps Heritage Green Tint
$(KGrHqF,!i8E1M8eI)g4BNgq2PW6D!~~_3.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'd consider them to be parallels because the same element or thing is changing purposefully.

But I like your definition, variations are parallels as well just as you say they're not consistent.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
The green tint cards are distributed amongst all hobby and retail packs. The red tint cards are distributed only in Target gravity feed packs and the blue tint cards are only distributed in Wal-Mart gravity feed packs.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i will not include the Sparkles in my Mets Topps Set. they are parallels, like the Topps Gold and Black. The Pie Face and Vet SPs ARE acceptable because they are different cards all together

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thanks for the input guys. Poll is dead even, looking for some more votes.

As for the Heritage Tints, they are not "consistent" like uniquebaseballcards mentioned but there have been similar types of cards in the past 2001 Red/Black backs, or 2008 Green/Blacks Backs, or 2007 Yellow Name which were present in part of the set only, maybe these fall in the same category just have a newer element of Target/Walmart/retail added to the chase. If I look at it from that view they seem more like variations to me and should be included in the master team set. :?

Made up my mind on the Topps Sparkles, gonna rule them as parallels like E did.

Members online

Latest posts