Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Weekend Edition - Sat/Sun - March 19/20, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Morning everyone,

I was just reading through he latest issue of SI that landed in my mail yesterday and I came across this little excerpt from an article about the NFL labor talks:

Jerry Jones, never one to pass up center stage, tried to lighten the mood by talking of his upbringing and the business acumen that led to his purchase of the Cowboys 22 years ago. The tenor changed when he began discussing how two years of negotiations had failed to bring the sides closer. What he said next, with arched eyebrows, helped steer the situation past the point of no return.
'I don't think we've got your attention,' Jones said to the players, several of whom recounted the incident to SI. ' You clearly don't understand what we're saying, and we're not hearing what you're saying. So I guess we're going to have to show you to get your attention.'
Jones tapped his fists together for emphasis - the players interpreted it as a sign that a lockout was coming - then stood and walked toward the door. As he reached the end of the table, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, another labor hawk, began to rise, but Robert Kraft of the Patriots, who was sitting next to him, put a hand on Richardson's forearm, and kept him from going.
If Jones's intention was to intimidate the players, he failed. 'I think everybody in the room thought it was overly dramatic, almost hilarious,' one player said.

I just thought that was a pretty interesting story. It doesn't seem to me that the owners are entirely united in their fight. IMO, at the very least it was yet another example of Jones having more money than sense.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The writer of that later admitted that he "worded it wrong" and that Jerry didn't leave, but stood in the corner for a while. It was also based on the reports of a few guys who were on the side of the NFLPA, and not crossed with anybody from the NFL side (nor Jerry himself), so I think the facts also have some bias to them.

And on an unrelated note, my computer is totally screwed up. I'm about ready to pull my hair out trying to fix it.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Card Magnet said:
The writer of that later admitted that he "worded it wrong" and that Jerry didn't leave, but stood in the corner for a while. It was also based on the reports of a few guys who were on the side of the NFLPA, and not crossed with anybody from the NFL side (nor Jerry himself), so I think the facts also have some bias to them.

And on an unrelated note, my computer is totally screwed up. I'm about ready to pull my hair out trying to fix it.

Ahh the classic "worded it wrong." Good ol SI and thair trustworthy writing. ::facepalm:: I wondered, as the article seemed slanted. I'm still not a fan of Jones tho... ;)

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Made it through the first of three family birthday parties last night. Hoping today is enjoyable.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Personally I do not get the Heritage discussion on the Koufax. Would take the sig JH owns vs the Heritage any day at that price. Personally I was not a fan of Heritage from my break but it is a preference thing.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
cwells46 said:
Afternoon fellas.....Atleast the Lady Vols are kicking some ass today :mrgreen:

I saw Obama doing a womens bracket on ESPN this morning. I really wish ESPN would give up promoting that sport and start trying some other collegiate sports that are at least entertaining.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Was I wrong? If someone that isn't foed could post this on his thread I would appreciate it

“I know that he spent lots of time on the practice squad, but he seems to have the power and speed combination that is greatly needed in the NFL. Barber seems to be on the out with the 'Boys and Choice/Jones are good change of pace backs. He had a nice career at Fresno State. Thoughts about him?

BTW I have already picked up about 10 of his NT's for less than $100 I believe. This /99 will be his best card if he has some breakout games for the Cowboys."

“When the numbers on some of these cards come out the initial pricing will not mean a whole lot especially for the SSP's. Any card that has a print run of less than 150 will go crazy. Those who bought in on some of these will make serious money. If one of those player actually turn out to be a superstar type player on popular team, watch out--Lonyae Miller comes to mind.”

“I know that many of the big named rookies have cards in multiple sets. I began to look at players who could be sleepers and sp's whose best rookie will probably be Contenders. The one player that I saw was Lonyae Miller. He is definitely not in Five Stars and was wondering is he on the checklist for NT [doubt it]. Besides Miller, who are others in your opinion. As a note there has still not been 20 Miller autos on ebay. His card is up and down, but currently there are only 4, well 3 if we don't include the 144+ best offer.”

“Well! I was hoping to get a 3rd Lonyae Miller of the Cowboys, it's a probable ssp, but they have gone from 19 to 26, to 31 to 56. Whoever got the one for 9.57 got a huge steal. Oh well guess I have to be satisfied with the one I pulled and the one I got for 31.”

“Now that all the high-end stuff is out, who besides Blair White will Contenders be their best card? Lonyae Miller would be one that come to mind even with him being in a handful of other products early in the season.”

“Ok guys since I now have mine I wonder who else has pulled one of these puppies. There are a total of 8 ended auctions and 4 current auctions. The last one went for 62 and change.”

“yeah, SSP not likely, but SP for sure. I like the fact that he is an SP that actually has some potential to do something.”

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
RITM said:
Personally I do not get the Heritage discussion on the Koufax. Would take the sig JH owns vs the Heritage any day at that price. Personally I was not a fan of Heritage from my break but it is a preference thing.

It's not even that, really

When Topps announced Aaron and Koufax autos in Heritage, everyone went nuts. People were acting like it was their first chance ever to acquire a Koufax or Aaron auto. That's ridiculous. There are tons of nicer autos out there for much cheaper (including previous Heritage Aaron autos).

That was my point. When you can buy a Koufax auto from another set for 25% of the price, that tells me one is severely overpriced

The thing with uniquebaseballcards is just him being his usual ****** self. Why he isn't banned is beyond me

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
pretty sure Lamarr woodley just called me out on facebook. He supposedly asked a question about charging in the nba.. I responded "ask lamarr I T guy" and he created a video lol stating it was him and nobody was going to bring the page down lol

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
I am ******* furious

What's up?

Surprised to see Sage out already. Looks like I won't be getting any Armando Allen cards this year. Nothing of him in Leaf, Sage and Press Pass :x Only ND guy for me to collect is going to be Kyle Rudolph.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
deceptikon1978 said:
JoshHamilton said:
I am fracking furious

What's up?

Surprised to see Sage out already. Looks like I won't be getting any Armando Allen cards this year. Nothing of him in Leaf, Sage and Press Pass :x Only ND guy for me to collect is going to be Kyle Rudolph.

I won two cards last Saturday and Sunday. On Friday of last week, I gave my girlfriend $100 to deposit and transfer to Paypal. She said she deposited it Monday, which was a lie. I can check on her PP acct. I asked her today if it went through, she said no. I got annoyed and told her it should have gone through by now. Then I asked her when she deposited it, she said maybe Tuesday. I told her she already said Monday. She got mad at me. Then she changed her story again to Wednesday. Then I asked her to check her email and Paypal to see when she actually transferred it. Then she started screaming at me because she thought I was accusing her of lying. YEAH, I WAS, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT SHE WAS DOING. Then she finally checked PP and admitted it didn't go through. She claims PP must have screwed up. ********. Then she told me she just transferred the money again and made sure it went through.

I just checked. Nothing was transferred. I don't know if she pocketed my money or what.

I have to pay for those cards asap. I'm $80 short and who knows what she did with my cash. But I need $80 immediately. Even if she did do it today (which she didn't) it'd take another several days to hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.