Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mailday. Do I have a case for a partial refund?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
I bought this card with the assumption that it was Joe Mcknight. The seller stated it was for Joe Mcknight, and even wrote Joe Mcknight on the card itself. When I redeemed it online, it came up as Dexter McCluster. I don't know if his cards sell for more, I never checked it out. But anyways, I did not want McCluster, I wanted Mcknight. Do I have a case?

Edit: I just checked it out, and McCluster sells for about 15-25 more than I bought this for. So even though it was a good deal, I still didnt buy it for McCluster.

IMG_2233.jpg

PetestillRose

Jan 6, 2011
Maybe you have a case for a partial refund but I don't see why you don't just sell the McCluster redemption and use the $ to buy a McKnight and pocket the rest.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
PetestillRose said:
Maybe you have a case for a partial refund but I don't see why you don't just sell the McCluster redemption and use the $ to buy a McKnight and pocket the rest.

I already redeemed it. That's how I found out it was McCluster.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Contact the seller, let him know the situation and get a refund in exchange for the card.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I think since it is redeemed already that any type of refund or exchange would be more of a pain than just selling/trading the McCluster once you get it.

Does Panini allow transferring of redemptions even?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Ah crappy situation. McCluster is better right now but without you knowing it was him when you redeemed it is a ****** deal. I would contact the seller but I don't really know what could be done with you redeeming the card. Obviously you can leave a negative for selling you a card that was described wrong.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I did not realize the card was redeemed when I made my post. I wouldn't ask for a refund or neg him. Guy made a mistake that hurt him. It would be one thing if you got a redemption for a card worth less and was hurt on the deal.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
Luckily I also bought 2 other Mcknights that are truly in fact Joe Mcknights, so I will still have one incoming. I just sent a message to the seller, and Ill update it you guys when I get a response.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
The seller offered me a full refund if I sent the card to him when I got it in from Donruss. I declined the offer, but at least he tried to do something. The seller is still good in my book, and just made a mistake. On a side note, I realized I never hit submit redemption after I entered the code. If anyone wants to buy a McCluster code, let me know.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Okay, now I'm lost.

You post asking if you're entitled to a partial refund after you redeemed the code, finding out it was for the wrong player.

You contact the seller and he offers you a full refund once you get the card from Panini.

You decline and realize you didn't really redeem it and now you're trying to sell the code?

How does that work?

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
PhillyPuckNut said:
Okay, now I'm lost.

You post asking if you're entitled to a partial refund after you redeemed the code, finding out it was for the wrong player.

You contact the seller and he offers you a full refund once you get the card from Panini.

You decline and realize you didn't really redeem it and now you're trying to sell the code?

How does that work?

This was my first "online" redemption with Panini. There is a series of "submit" buttons just to get your redemption in the system. I thought I was clear after the first one. I went back into my account and realized the card wasn't in my folder, so I entered the code again. I found out that there are at least 3 "submit" buttons before its actually submitted. Before that, I only got to the page where you confirm your shipping address after the first "submit" button. I wasn't aware that after scrolling down there is in fact another confirmation button that proceeds you to another screen where you can, I imagine, finally submit it into inquiry.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
This is easy you are entitled to a partial refund only if you sell the McCluster and give him the profit. I mean you want your cake and be able to eat it too. LOL

I would have just moved on and figured bank error in my favor
I mean its like ordering a 4x2 truck from the factory and getting a 4x4 then saying to your salesman "well you know I wanted 2 wheel drive so even though 4 wheel is 6k more what are you going to do for me"

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Color me confused. You know you received a card that will give you a profit and ask about a refund. This is followed up by saying card was redeemed. Seller says he will give refund and even though you could easily give him back the redemption you decline.

Makes perfect sense.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
RITM said:
Color me confused. You know you received a card that will give you a profit and ask about a refund. This is followed up by saying card was redeemed. Seller says he will give refund and even though you could easily give him back the redemption you decline.

Makes perfect sense.

If you read the posts, I posted in chronological order. I declined, then realized it wasn't redeemed. Makes perfect sense to me.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. This has to be the first time someone has complained about something that went in their favor. I know you didn't get what you thought you should have but to think you deserve a partial refund is ridiculous. Redeem or sell the card, get what you want and move on.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
Rickzcards said:
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. This has to be the first time someone has complained about something that went in their favor. I know you didn't get what you thought you should have but to think you deserve a partial refund is ridiculous. Redeem or sell the card, get what you want and move on.

Mountain out of a molehill? I made one thread. If I am over reacting, then this entire board over reacts with every mailday, rant, etc. This entire first page and every thread after it must be an over reaction. But thanks for your input.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
jamuser304 said:
Rickzcards said:

Mountain out of a molehill? I made one thread. If I am over reacting, then this entire board over reacts with every mailday, rant, etc. This entire first page and every thread after it must be an over reaction. But thanks for your input.
You're right, there are a lot of drama queens here. Seems their ranks are getting larger everyday ;)

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
No, the seller screwed up but it works out in your favor. Actually partial refunds are b.s, if you don't want the redeemed card just return it for a refund once it arrives.

Members online

Latest posts