Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay pricing help; opinions wanted on selling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've decided to put my Alcides Escobar collection up for sale and get what I can. I figure ST is as good a time as any.

I'm breaking the collection up into 3 lots (probably) and I would like opinions on where to set the BIN (I'm not doing an auction). If they sell, great, if not, he could still get a bump.

Anyway, Lot 1 will be my 2009 Topps Finest rainbow (1/1 Super BGS 9.5, red REF, gold REF, green REF, blue REF, reg REF, base X2): I'm thinking $125 OBO

Lot 2 will be an "Insert, Patch, Auto lot" (2007 BDPP Patches X3, 2007 BDPP REF; 2010 TTT GU/Auto /99, /75, /50, /25, /10; 2010 Topps black /59, PP auto, PP GU, PP Jumbo patch X2; 2010 A&G Bazooka /25, silk /10, auto; 2010 Bowman FUT jersey; T206 Cycle back /99; 2009 Topps Heritage Black Chrome /60): I'm thinking $299 OBO

Lot 3 Will be all prospect cards from 2006 BC (base X20, base BGS 9.5, REF, REF BGS 9.5, Xfractor X4, Blue REF X2, Gold REF, Orange REF BGS 9.5, RED REF BGS 9.5, Bowman Chrome Magenta PP): I'm thinking $999 OBO

I know the prospect one might be a bit high, but it has the best ceiling potential if AE gets hot, so I don't want to lose my ass.

Thoughts? I'm fully looking for opinions, so if you think my prices are insane, just say so (read: no need to be a dick :) ). Also, there are pictures of everything in my bucket if that helps.

Lastly, I'd like to move these as a lot, so please don't PM me asking to cherry pick something you want (the Heritage Black Chrome for example); unless you're going to make an offer I can't refuse.

Thanks guys.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Do you think you would do better breaking a couple out that set builders would want, like the A&G Silk or the Black Refractor from heritage?

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I think Alcides Escobar was a huge disappointment last year but he's still young. The value for set collectors will always be there so my feedback is that you're selling him at the wrong time. Give him some time to produce this year, unless in your opinions he's trash and you need to get whatever you can out of him you should wait, even it it means another season or two.

If you think he can't play and he sucks then the sooner the better.

Members online

Latest posts