Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Better Fantasy Pick - Freeman - Smoak - Moreland ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Well I drafted my team last night and took Mitch Moreland and Freddie Freeman in the last couple of rounds.

Justin Smoak is available and I am now contemplating dropping one of them for Smoak.

Any thoughts?

Skrip

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I think Moreland and Smoak will be decent, I say drop Freddie.

Moreland had 9 HRs in only 145 ABs, so def. 30 HR potential. Not to mention his .364 OBP....Smoak I like for his power and being a switch hitter, I think he will surprise some this season.

Freddie has the potential to be great, but kind of unknown how he will perform over a full MLB season.

Jheywardfan

Apr 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
I would keep the 2 you drafted. Smoak has power potential, but he wont compete with Freeman and Moreland in BA. Freeman should have plenty of RBI opportunities but is not considered a HR hitter. Moreland should continue on last year's success. Potent offense equals lots of runs and RBIs.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
That's weird. Conventional fantasy outlook has Moreland number one and I think he's the safest of the three by a looooong shot. Bench Moreland against lefties and call it a day.

Only problem: Chris Davis is being Chris Davis, again.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
That's weird. Conventional fantasy outlook has Moreland number one and I think he's the safest of the three by a looooong shot. Bench Moreland against lefties and call it a day.

Only problem: Chris Davis is being Chris Davis, again.
S.S.D.D.

Chris Davis is notorious for raking in Spring Training and underwhelming during the regular season. I think the Rangers are finally done with hoping that Davis finally lives up to his expectations, only to be let down again.

As of right now Moreland is still stated to be the Rangers starting 1B.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Smoak is a huge gamble he stinks but he has/had huge potential. He has done nothing to show he can do it at the MLB level. If you base your choice on potential I'd say Freeman Smoak Moreland. Moreland hits in a stacked offence but if he stuggles he will be quickly replaced. Personally I would take Freeman then Moreland and then anyone and then Smoak. Freeman is by far the best choice.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Sweetness said:
Smoak is a huge gamble he stinks but he has/had huge potential. He has done nothing to show he can do it at the MLB level. If you base your choice on potential I'd say Freeman Smoak Moreland. Moreland hits in a stacked offence but if he stuggles he will be quickly replaced. Personally I would take Freeman then Moreland and then anyone and then Smoak. Freeman is by far the best choice.
Freeman also has the least amount of MLB experience.

Smoak showed his potential after his final call up from AAA at the end of last season (.340/3/9 in 50 AB)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts