Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread ==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning Dan, Alex, George, and everyone to follow

had a decent trip to Bass Pro yesterday.. picked up the few things I was looking for then went out to dinner after. nothing much new for cards lately.. couple things I wanted went way beyond what I would spend.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hey George...how's it going?? Able to relax a bit from the return trip from SC??

Good Morning Paul! Hope your week starts well...I saw Ozzie Canseco in the news :lol:

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good morning all!
My son spent the night in front of a new Krystal's for the grand opening.
They were having a Grand Opening promotion for the first 50 people and he was # 8.
He wound up with 25 Krystal burgers a week for a year for free! :D
Krystal's is similar to White Castle and my wife and I really like them. :)

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
metallicalex777 said:
Hey George...how's it going?? Able to relax a bit from the return trip from SC??

Good Morning Paul! Hope your week starts well...I saw Ozzie Canseco in the news :lol:

I laugh at that stuff.. its been known for years that he has had Ozzie attempt to fill in for different things. Ozzie really isn't totally twin to Jose.. aside from the tattoo they refer to Jose has a huge birthmark on the top of his hand that Ozzie doesn't and even their faces have differences. Upper Deck tried this bait and switch on a 2004 auto card too and the real Jose collectors can clearly tell you the photo is of Ozzie.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
69MetsFan said:
Good morning all!
My son spent the night in front of a new Krystal's for the grand opening.
They were having a Grand Opening promotion for the first 50 people and he was # 8.
He wound up with 25 Krystal burgers a week for a year for free! :D
Krystal's is similar to White Castle and my wife and I really like them. :)

wow 25 burgers a week? can he get more than one at a time each day or is there some special hitch to it like having to go back an hour later or something?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
George - Nice...but July is SOOO far away. FYI...next week we will know if we are moving ;) CSU is flying Jen out on Friday for the in person interviews :shock:

js0000001 - mmmmmm...the best part :cool:

Dave(69) - Wow...burgers for a year, that is impressive. Kind of funny for the wait in line :lol:

Art - Morning Mr. Freeze....how is the weather and health? I see you have been VERY VERY busy with the pups :D

JAMmedia - Morning dude!!!

Paul - No kidding...all you can do is laugh and find a way to appreciate that. Has nothing to do with him being a ball player but IMO it is fun to see these things.

Andy - Congrats on making it to your weekend dude...mine is just around the corner as well :mrgreen:

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
metallicalex777 said:
George - Nice...but July is SOOO far away. FYI...next week we will know if we are moving ;) CSU is flying Jen out on Friday for the in person interviews :shock:

Pretty standard for many grad programs. Best of Luck to Jen and You.....big decision!

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Good morning Men!

Had a great weekend. Had to drop off my wife's Highlander this morning as it is as loud as what you would see and hear @ Daytona! :D

I am really bummed. Saw this come up for auction last week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I was really excited as this and the Bonds are the only ones I need for my set.
I set my snipe @ $302.26 thinking there is no way I could lose considering some time within the last month a "Gold" version of this card #'d to 100 was listed as a BIN or BO of $299.
From what I can remember, the BO that was accepted was for $275. Thought it was a done deal but wow, I was wrong. Hoe does this sell for more than the Gold? I don't get it.
Needless to say I am a little disappointed today. I passed on a couple of nice items earlier in the week thinking I would need the additional funds to land this. ::facepalm::

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
George_Calfas said:
metallicalex777 said:

Pretty standard for many grad programs. Best of Luck to Jen and You.....big decision!

Thanks a ton man!!! I know for Jen this is literally her dream school as well as the work involved and such. Long story short if she gets it she will be working with a professor doing behavioral studies with honey bees. The work will pretty much take place of the school paying for the full program and she gets experience hours to boot. Also is an hourly pay for that work. She was told the student to get this will most likely have 2 published essays/papers during these 2 years as well so thats a big bonus.

Keith - Here I was thinking you dropped off your wife's Highlander sword :lol:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow. Looks like a handful of set builders perhaps. Hang in there, hopefully this leads to you winning the next one for much cheaper than expected

Members online

Latest posts