Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tons of small Yankees moves made today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Eric Chavez and Eduardo Nunez win the back-up infield jobs.

Ramiro Pena optioned to AAA.

Gustavo Molina wins back-up catcher job.

Romine optioned to AA. Montero optioned to AAA.

Ronnie Belliard released.

Romulo Sanchez sold to Japan. was out of minor league options.

Mark Prior will start season with class A Tampa.

And with Feliciano starting the season on the DL, final bullpen spot is likely to be either Luis Ayala or Steve Garrison.

Looks like all we need to here now is the outfield. Looks as if Chris Dickerson will start in the minors.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
numba1yankeefan said:

So Austin Romine hasn't passed Montero.

But....I thought Montero "has to somehow pass Romine" if he wants to get to NYY? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

hail2thevictors said:
numba1yankeefan said:

But....I thought Montero "has to somehow pass Romine" if he wants to get to NYY? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

he doesnt have to pass romine... he will have to hold romine off in short terms... which will be more difficult that expected for someone who couldnt make russ martin expandable. beings russ misplaced his ability to hit.

now im not invested in any but imo the best all around catching prospect in the american league calls pitches in cleveland.

CubsWSchamps

Aug 28, 2010
blanning71 said:
Wow, Prior to Tampa? A ball for what was once an ace type pitcher. Sad but hopefully he will make a comeback.
Its most likly so the Org can keep an eye on him for a little bit

And their class A is in Charlotte, if thats what the OP meant

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
blanning71 said:
Wow, Prior to Tampa? A ball for what was once an ace type pitcher. Sad but hopefully he will make a comeback.

they want him to be able to throw back to back games and to throw more than 1 inning at a time. he wont last long in Tampa

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
CubsWSchamps said:
blanning71 said:

Tampa Yankees
George M. Steinbrenner Field

CubsWSchamps

Aug 28, 2010
vwnut13 said:
CubsWSchamps said:
blanning71 said:

Tampa Yankees
::facepalm::
My bad when he said Tamps i thought Rays, and Rays class A is in Charlotte

My bad

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
notjomommasclint said:
hail2thevictors said:
numba1yankeefan said:

he doesnt have to pass romine... he will have to hold romine off in short terms... which will be more difficult that expected for someone who couldnt make russ martin expandable. beings russ misplaced his ability to hit.

now im not invested in any but imo the best all around catching prospect in the american league calls pitches in cleveland.

The best all around would not be Montero, I will be the first to say that. Santana is a really nice looking player.

However, again-Russ Martin was named the starter before ST. I guess people just don't realize this on here, but it would have taken a Heyward like ST for Montero to win the starters job. I don't see Montero having much of a problem holding off Romine, who hardly hit .260 at AA last year. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
vwnut13 said:
CubsWSchamps said:
blanning71 said:

Tampa Yankees
Actually, he's going to Tampa for Extended Spring Training, not high A ball.

hail2thevictors said:
notjomommasclint said:
hail2thevictors said:
numba1yankeefan said:

The best all around would not be Montero, I will be the first to say that. Santana is a really nice looking player.

However, again-Russ Martin was named the starter before ST. I guess people just don't realize this on here, but it would have taken a Heyward like ST for Montero to win the starters job. I don't see Montero having much of a problem holding off Romine, who hardly hit .260 at AA last year. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

russ martin was named starter when they signed him if i remember right. that said players force themselves into playing time frequently. i am not doubting monteros bat i think he will hit but i think he will hit from a different defensive position or for a different club. tabata and jackson were in this same situation in the not so distant past. on the cusp of the big leagues and dealt. imo romine is the future behind the dish.

Members online

Latest posts