Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Belt Elites how high will they go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
While I certainly don't think the risk/reward scenario makes sense to buy at $100/Elite, I can see them hitting $150-175 if he comes out of the gate performing well. A lot of the value around his Elites come from the fact that it is his only true RC Autograph, as he has no Chrome or Sterling RC Autos. That, in and of itself, can cause his prices to increase further than most would think.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
One just ended at 100.88.

That one got in under the wire... they will be 150'ish shortly for the 610

100's, 50's... this will be 220+ and 400... JMHO. Belt has 998 versions of Elite autos, and I would bet besides the ones not pulled yet, many are in PC's already.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
loftlife said:
mwashuc06 said:

100's, 50's... this will be 220+ and 400... JMHO. Belt has 998 versions of Elite autos, and I would bet besides the ones not pulled yet, many are in PC's already.

PT Barnum.......You haven't looked at the upcoming Bowman checklist have you.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
Joshua.Roundtree said:
loftlife said:
mwashuc06 said:

Hater... Is it out yet?

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
loftlife said:
mwashuc06 said:

And you apparently haven't looked at historical trends in regards to the sports card market.

Since when has the general public based their pricing ranges for buying off of an anticipated release? I have never seen that reflected in prices when a player gets hot and the interest in him expands pass the "prospector" / knowledgeable avid card purchaser to the general fan. Inevitably, their purchases have appeared to been based on what is available at that time in the market.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
notjomommasclint said:
i was buying at 7-12 and cashed out 30-35... i figured that was the ceiling! LMAO!

I bought a bunch at $2.00 and sold at $20. I thought that was the ceiling. At the very least - it seemed like a good time to sell.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Joshua.Roundtree said:
loftlife said:
mwashuc06 said:

Hey Mr. Bailey, you obviously don't realize Bowman comes out in MAY-over a month after the season has started. That is plenty of time for Belt elite autos to continue to climb.

A lot of the buyers of Belt stuff probably don't even realize he will be in Bowman, anyway.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jurgy25 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
dont be greedy. Sell, make money, move on to Chrome

Bought a pair for $8, gave one to a friend, and sold one for $60. Can't imagine what chrome will start out as? $75+?

Right there is actually why the "chrome is king" theory falls flat on its face when there are other releases and the player takes a while to catch on.

If you were buying at 8 dollars in the early stages, it seems like there is alot more money to be made than there is in chrome. I'll take the 8 dollar buy in over the 75 dollar buy in all day. Even if the elites fall back to 30 dollars, you're doing far better than you are on the chrome unless you think the chrome will be a 200+ dollar card.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
phillyfan0417 said:
Jurgy25 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
dont be greedy. Sell, make money, move on to Chrome

Bought a pair for $8, gave one to a friend, and sold one for $60. Can't imagine what chrome will start out as? $75+?

Right there is actually why the "chrome is king" theory falls flat on its face when there are other releases and the player takes a while to catch on.

If you were buying at 8 dollars in the early stages, it seems like there is alot more money to be made than there is in chrome. I'll take the 8 dollar buy in over the 75 dollar buy in all day. Even if the elites fall back to 30 dollars, you're doing far better than you are on the chrome unless you think the chrome will be a 200+ dollar card.

^^ All that... profit margin will always be King!

Latest posts