Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which Prospect's Prices Drop???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
I am thinking Machado is a slight possibility due to the lack of numbers...I don't think he will hit a bunch of HRs until he fills his frame a little more. A high average and good following could keep them at bay though.

Who you got?

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I guess I don't understand why Montero getting traded(if it were to happen), would be a huge hit to his prices?

Mike Stanton and Jason Heyward showed you don't have to be in NY to get hobby love. Montero is not the exact same type of player as they are, but he's the same level of prospect that Stanton was. Look at Freddie Freeman, his chrome autos were over $60 I believe.

I guess what I'm getting at is that performance will determine his prices(and any other prospect, for that matter)-and of course hype mixed in does well, too. Being in NY is obviously a plus, but if he performs(no matter where it is), his prices will follow.

Now, if he can just perform :twisted:

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
hail2thevictors said:
I guess I don't understand why Montero getting traded(if it were to happen), would be a huge hit to his prices?

Mike Stanton and Jason Heyward showed you don't have to be in NY to get hobby love. Montero is not the exact same type of player as they are, but he's the same level of prospect that Stanton was. Look at Freddie Freeman, his chrome autos were over $60 I believe.

I guess what I'm getting at is that performance will determine his prices(and any other prospect, for that matter)-and of course hype mixed in does well, too. Being in NY is obviously a plus, but if he performs(no matter where it is), his prices will follow.

60.00 isnt 100.00+ that Montero was getting for his. Not a good comparison.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
cjb9421 said:
hail2thevictors said:

Ummm Montero is around $60-$70 right now.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
hail2thevictors said:
cjb9421 said:
hail2thevictors said:

Ummm Montero is around $60-$70 right now.

Notice I said THAT he was getting and anyways..he's already dropped then :lol:

montero drops because you lose the ability to sell to the largest group of team collectors. the yankee followers will pay more for yankee players because there is more competition. austin jackson 08 autos were jacked up when he was hyped up and in stripes... goes to detroit and plays above his head and the cards still dip. in new york playing at that level his cards might have revived that sept 08 price. and that is ignoring the fact that hype is there for the people in early and evaporates when they have sold to those showing up late.

for me the biggest drop this year will be in bryce harper he will see the same lull that laporta saw. 2-3 years out from the show gives people more time to buy and more cards hitting the market will chop a percentage off of his lofty prices. i still see the sweet usa patch autos bringing the moon but the rest will see a shift downward.

oh yeah and jason place! ;)

Members online

Latest posts